Shoes!

Options
2»

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks, but I had to try on so many different pairs and brands until I found the right ones, and it wasn't necessarily just about the brand name. Find a good shoe store, specialized, I went to Fleet Feet but not sure if you have those and just try on everything with someone who knows what they're doing. Next time I go I might get Asics or something, but it's all about the style and fit that is right for your foot and activity level.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ghost
  • amyleehauser
    amyleehauser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot about the Brooks never tried them tho!
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ghost...I have two pair in rotation and another pair in the box on standby. For trails, I use Brooks Cascadia.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned Brooks ??
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    My favorites vary depending on what I'm looking for and how I'm feeling. Currently I'm going back and forth between a pair of Hokas and a pair of Brooks, both of which I really like. I'm coming off Saucony, and leave a pair at work as backup in case I want to run on a lunch break and don't have shoes with me.

For trail running... I'm struggling there a bit. I've got a pair of La Sportiva which I thought I liked, but have had poor experiences with the last couple of times out. I'm hoping it's just a sock issue, but just in case I've got 2 pairs of new trail runners on the way from REI. If those don't work out, I'll probably go back to Inov-8, which I've had nothing but great luck with (I just hate how constantly and significantly they seem to change their product lines).
  • Idratherberunning2017
    Idratherberunning2017 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ASICS Gel Cumulus. I own several generations and they never let me down. The toe box as of recent has narrowed, so order a half size larger. These shoes have Eliminated my shin splints, which I am prone to due to pronation issues.

I have a love for Adidas and I also my Hokas, but ASICS for my daily endurance runs. I might even have a shoe collection of worn out shoes, I seem to keep them like trophys.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I wore Saucony religiously, unfortunately they were extremely difficult to get when I moved. I now wear ASICS. Love both brands.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My first pair of running shoes were New Balance. They did their job. Then, I went to a running shop & got fit and that's where I got my Sauconys. Adored them. After the running was done in them, I wore them as every day shoes until they got too painful to walk in. (sniff) Next, I was fit in Brook Adrenaline 16, and loved them, next fitting saw me again in Brooks Adrenaline 18. So then I scoured the net to find another pair in another color which I rotate. I have decided to use the 16's for trail runs.

I did get a pair of Hoka One One's in there, ran several runs in them, and just never got comfortable. However, I use them as everyday shoes. I find with all the foot issues I've had, they give me the support I need.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You need to try brands that fit you. I wore ASICS for years but they’ve changed so I tried Nike Zoom this time and love them