Trying this again šŸ˜­

Hi all,
Iā€™ve been on and off diets for years and for the most part I was content, but ever since last year Iā€™ve struggled and the weight has just kept creeping up, itā€™s like Iā€™m out of control.
I was diagnosed with cancer last year and now Iā€™m feeling a lot better but at the back of my mind thereā€™s always the worry since I havenā€™t been told Iā€™m in remission itā€™s just scanning every few months.
Iā€™m also due to start training for a new job in 2 weeks and the job is my dream but Iā€™m worried i will ruin it with my health, only time will tell I guess.
So Iā€™m going to try my hardest to update this and eat better, good luck to everyone else starting over again ā¤ļø

Replies

• RozeKozmik
    RozeKozmik Posts: 2 Member
    When you remember that a diet is not something that you do to lose weight , but something you figure out that your body adjusts to and stay on it.. When your weight adjusts to it it means that your body is getting exactly what it needs. If that makes sense to you.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Ashuriis wrote: Ā»
    Hi all,
    Iā€™ve been on and off diets for years and for the most part I was content, but ever since last year Iā€™ve struggled and the weight has just kept creeping up, itā€™s like Iā€™m out of control.
    I was diagnosed with cancer last year and now Iā€™m feeling a lot better but at the back of my mind thereā€™s always the worry since I havenā€™t been told Iā€™m in remission itā€™s just scanning every few months.
    Iā€™m also due to start training for a new job in 2 weeks and the job is my dream but Iā€™m worried i will ruin it with my health, only time will tell I guess.
    So Iā€™m going to try my hardest to update this and eat better, good luck to everyone else starting over again ā¤ļø

Welcome! I'm so glad you are feeling better!
    It sounds like you have a lot of stressful stuff going on right now. Try to remember you don't have to be perfect, just be a little bit better.

So maybe just start out logging your food and seeing how far off your calories are, where you waste calories, what foods fit really well and you should try to get more of. Then pick one thing at a time to work on. Meanwhile, just try to be a little more active whenever you can - take a 10 minute walk after lunch. Dance around your living room during commercials. Slow and steady really can win the race.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum, lots of great info there. Good luck!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

I'm not on a diet. I'm in a calorie deficit. ā˜ŗ

I eat the foods that I love. My meals are plant based with seafood, eggs and some dairy a/k/a pescatarian.

Fill out the food diary truthfully. Tweak your meals as necessary to stay in a calorie deficit.

Great info given above.

I would also suggest weighing everything you eat on a food scale. This scale will become your best friend.

Good luck and I wish you a safe and healthy journey.