Ladies... Cycle changes??

Options
Ok so I started the 310 shakes in May and lost 20lbs in about 5wks... However I wasn't doing it right and was not getting enough calories.. So as of June until now my cycle is all messed up... I have been having two periods a month or just spotting etc... Bloodwork came back normal at my Drs office.. Has this happened to any of you???

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Perimenopause maybe?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Messed up cycles is a common sign of undereating. You did the skates for only 4 weeks, so How many calories have you logged each week since June 1?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Many things can affect our cycles. How old are you?

When I was a full time yoga teacher I'd get my period every 6 weeks to three months.

Now they are all wonky due to perimenopause.
  • sandibooker0
    sandibooker0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 38. I just started them again but I'm adding fruits to the shakes now.
  • sandibooker0
    sandibooker0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Now I'm doing 1200 calories a day instead of 600 orvso
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? (Height, weight?) Is this shakes diet the latest in a series of extreme dieting approaches? I'm adding these questions because it seems unusual if you're actually overweight to have one month of extreme dieting have such a swift effect.

Also, the language you use to talk about the problem (getting two periods month OR just spotting) seems difficult to apply to what's only been about a month (since June). Just want to get a clear picture of what's going on.

And did you tell your doctor about what you've been doing diet-wise?
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Have your exercise levels drastically changed and are you spotting during exercise? That could be causing it too.
  • slove2718
    slove2718 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am currently dealing with this too- it's so frustrating! I've always been active and in good health, with the majority of my workouts cardio based. In March, I started strength training, and really tightened up my nutrition (which was already very clean). Over the course of the past four months or so, I've lost a little over 10lbs, and lowered my body fat %; currently, I'm 26, about 5'2", and have been weighing in recently between 103-105lbs. I'm also in the process of starting an accelerated nursing program, and leaving my job, so the added mental and emotional stress on top of the physical stress from my workouts is definately not helping. I have an appointment scheduled with my OBGYN to follow up.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Hun, if this wasn't largely waterweight then you're running a daily deficite of over 2000kcal by eating/drinking only 600. That's far too agressive. Even 1200 is likely far too low for you. You need to fuel your body properly so that it functions. Losing your period happens because your body doesn't have energy for it. That's just one of the symptoms. Thus please eat properly.

If you let us you know gender, age, weight and size we can help you to figure out how much you should be eating.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the 4 pounds a week...that’s a LOT...too much to be healthy. You should have at least 1000 calories more per day.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Yes, my cycle is all out of whack for about 3 months now. First the timing (week of the month) changed, then last month it was very light, and this month it was late and incredibly light. I believe it is due to diet changes, exercise changes, stress and weight loss. So many things can affect our cycles.
  • ketsuban25
    ketsuban25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah when I first started I was told on reddit not to eat back my exercise calories and was only netting about 800-1000 on days I exercised which at the time was about 3 days a week. I also routinely only ate about 1200 calories on non-exercise days when I was heavier and needed more. My period was over two weeks late. Upped my calories, ate back exercise calories and now my cycles are running on schedule.