My Family is Shaping Up 8/23/11

Options
My sister and niece have joined myfitnesspal. I'm hoping we (and others) will post here to support each other. I have been carrying around a lot of extra weight for many years. I just looked back in my records and see I have been within 4 lbs of the same weight since 2007. I don't know how many years since I was overweight instead of obese. My health is amazingly good for a 55 yr old that's been so overweight for so long. I do have many aches and pains that I hope will decrease with a decrease in weight.

Replies

• marlenefowler
    marlenefowler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should have posted this under 'Motivation and Support". I'm new to this.
  • marlenefowler
    Options
    Day two. Did not show a loss. OK so it's only been a day. I need to figure out which day will be my weigh in day! I'm thinking Fridays.
  • BFullman
    Options
    Marlene, Kudos on the exercise. I need to go on a restricted diet (more so than it already is) starting tomorrow because of a medical procedure I will be having on September 2. A friend suggested I watch "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" which I did yesterday. I am going to try to do a seven day juice fast and see how I feel. Randy bought a juicer today. I was surprised to find I ended up with nearly equal portions of pulp and juice. I may modify the juice fast and eat some whole fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • marlenefowler
    Options
    sorry I didn't know you needed a juicer. I have one of Mom's. Oh well. Yours, being new, is likely a bit better anyway. I'll have to call and ask you about the procedure. This is the time of year for fresh fruit. Yum
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    And now, your daughter has also joined! :-) I have been struggling around the same 5lb for the last 5 years or so... no fun! Hopefully I'll be able to get a bit lower than that, and also tone up - I can't exactly blame any weight on muscle mass, considering how long it's been since I've worked out!
    I'm glad to see you (and Barbara and Christi) on here - hope we can use this to support each other :-) Love you!