Calling all VEGANS!

Options
lets be friends!!! i'm always looking for new meal ideas / interested in seeing what other vegans eat. I've been vegan for one month now and not looking back :)

Replies

• JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am not vegan, but due to a pancreatic deficiency, I am unable to process mammalian protein...so no mammal meat, milk, cheese, etc. I do still eat chicken, turkey, fish and eggs. I am always on the hunt for more vegan recipes to add to my rotation!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Check out the Happy Herbivores group. There are a number of veg*ns there. I haven't been vegan for some years, but I'm still vegetarian and have been for over a decade now. My diary is open if you want to poke around. I use some vegan food, although I'm ovo-lacto. I do try to keep my dairy low, though, since it's a migraine trigger for me.
  • lindablueeyes21
    lindablueeyes21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone add me I’m not vegan I’m vegetarian but would like some new friends
  • solearybrown
    solearybrown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    95% vegan here. I dock the 5% because every once in a while I forget to read a label and it ends up having eggs or dairy. I use Pinterest to get my recipes.
  • sdegue
    sdegue Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to MFP. I usually post the WW points but starting to count calories as well.
    [personal details removed by MFP mods]
  • dkeofkfbdjsgdvfl
    dkeofkfbdjsgdvfl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @grimendale Of topic, but why the asterix in vegans?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options

not @grimendale , but my understanding is that it's an easy way to incorporate veg[etari]ans and veg[]ans in one word -- the asterix stands for a character string that could be [etari] or blank []. Hope that makes sense.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    my app is being weird and not letting me add people but I’m vegan feel free to add me:) x
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options

not @grimendale , but my understanding is that it's an easy way to incorporate veg[etari]ans and veg[]ans in one word -- the asterix stands for a character string that could be [etari] or blank []. Hope that makes sense.

Yup. Exactly that.
  • Plantbasedjade
    Plantbasedjade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just made this account today so I can't add people yet but vegans please add me :) I've been vegan for almost ten years and vegetarian for ten years before that!