Clothing Solution : )

Options
hey all,
i have noticed that there has been many complaints about having to spend lots of money to buy new clothes, knowing that they will soon not fit because you are still on the road to your target weight. or having limited clothes just buying a selected amount. i have also seen many people saying that they have been wearing only leggings....
my solution is ebay, if ur old clothes are to big auction them off and use the money to buy new clothes without leaving the house youve recycled and got money for it and bought new clothes. used or new there are bargains to be made and when youve lost more weight put those clothes up for auction and keep doing the same until u feel uv reached your goal size.
the excitement of buying a size smaller clothes and waiting on them arriving is a boost in itself.

thanks for reading and hope this has helped, any other suggestions to help others out would be greatful!!

: ) xx

Replies

• sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Such a good idea. I've been thinking of trying to start a clothing exchange with people in my church...so many of us are losing weight and pretty much no matter what size you are, your "fat" clothes are somebody else's next size down. It just doesn't make sense to spend much money on clothes you are working to shrink out of ASAP.
  • Blessedredhead
    Options
    We have a great local Goodwill store, so I've been hitting it on Fridays when they have 50% off all clothing. A great way to get some really cute "temporary" clothes...many of the things I find are brand name and/or brand new with tags still on! Spent $24 yesterday and got 2 pair of black dress pants, a twin sweater set, 2 cardigans, 2 blouses, and a t-shirt. I figure when I no longer need them, I'll just donate them back, so they go to a good cause.
  • h82bfat
    h82bfat Posts: 77
    Options
    Also, check out resale/garage sale. I buy amazing clothes, usually for <$4-$6 for a really nice shirt. I can buy my size, wear it while it fits, donate it, and buy a smaller size for way less total cost then when I shopped the markdown racks at the mall. Then I can even deduct the value of those donations from my income tax.
  • kaylada89
    kaylada89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    yeah all great ideas!! solutions for all, i prefer doing ebay because its easier for me, but others would prefer going in store and trying them on. currently waiting on new tshirt and palozzos in the mail...excited! :) lol
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    We have a great local Goodwill store, so I've been hitting it on Fridays when they have 50% off all clothing. A great way to get some really cute "temporary" clothes...many of the things I find are brand name and/or brand new with tags still on! Spent $24 yesterday and got 2 pair of black dress pants, a twin sweater set, 2 cardigans, 2 blouses, and a t-shirt. I figure when I no longer need them, I'll just donate them back, so they go to a good cause.

Great way to do it!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    One word : Primark
  • kaylada89
    kaylada89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    One word : Primark

does primarks sizes not seem different than everywhere else? i must have an odd body shape. x
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I live in a small rural town with not many shopping options. I will only buy stuff on sale at our Walmart. I also shop at Goodwill and garage sales. I just refuse to spend a bunch of $$ on clothes I am going to grow out of soon. But before this healthier journey I didn't spend a fortune on clothes either - I shopped the same way. :flowerforyou: