Are my cals too low?

Options
Hello, I got mfp yesterday.
I’m a female, 18, 5.2ft and weigh 59kg. I think I am skinny fat. My goal weight is 52kg.
I eat a low carb diet not only because to lose weight but it makes me feel good. I get carbs from fruits, vegetables and oatmeal. I’m gonna try my best to cut down refined sugar.
I set my activity level to sedentary because I’m not active other than going to the gym and the rate of loss is set to 0.5kg per week. So mfp gave me 1200 cals. Now I know that’s too low. So I increased it to 1320 cals.
So I would eat this the days I don’t workout. I think I burn about 100 cals daily from my workout so I would add this which makes it 1420cals.
My macros are 50grams carbs, 110grams protein and 75grams fat. I’m only gonna eat 50grams of carbs Saturday to Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday I’ll have 100-200grams of carbs but will stay in my defecit.
My question is do you think 1420 cals including exercise cals per day is low?
I workout 5 days per week. 3 days gym and 2 days martial arts. My martial art classes are between high and low intensity.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,931 Member
    Options
    With only 15 pounds to lose, set your rate of loss to 0.25 kg / 0.5 pounds a week.

Where'd you get your macros? Protein seems high. If you like eating low carb, that's fine, but despite what you may have seen on social media, low carb / carb cycling is not necessary to lose weight.

100 calories for your workouts seems low too - where'd you get this?

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You are the same height as me, and 1kg heavier. However I am 32 years older (oh god nooooo)
    I maintain on about 1680 without any exercise included. In theory you could certainly up your calories a bit and still lose at a sustainable rate.

Your goal weight is about what I weighed at 18 (I looked too thin much lighter than that personally).
  • SSFx
    SSFx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    With only 15 pounds to lose, set your rate of loss to 0.25 kg / 0.5 pounds a week.

Where'd you get your macros? Protein seems high. If you like eating low carb, that's fine, but despite what you may have seen on social media, low carb / carb cycling is not necessary to lose weight.

100 calories for your workouts seems low too - where'd you get this?

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg

Thanks for ur reply x I think I’ll see for few weeks. If I am not losing weight then maybe I need to increase cals bit. I got my protein macro from a macro website.
  • SSFx
    SSFx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are the same height as me, and 1kg heavier. However I am 32 years older (oh god nooooo)
    I maintain on about 1680 without any exercise included. In theory you could certainly up your calories a bit and still lose at a sustainable rate.

Your goal weight is about what I weighed at 18 (I looked too thin much lighter than that personally).

Thanks for your reply x I’m thinking to eat at 1520 cals but not eat back my exercise cals. So in total I will eat 1420cals cause I burn 100 cals from my gym workout. I guess it’s the same thing cause before I was planning to add my exercise cals (100cals) to 1320cals which adds up to 1420cals.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Should a person who works out at the gym list themselves as sedentary?