injury specifics, warning to the squeamish-

Options
LuckyLeprechaun
LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
I smashed my middle finger in a window this morning at school. It is a swinging window, and the crank is broken, so I was trying to close it by swinging it in to slam it shut, and I wasn't fast enough and it smashed my middle finger.

The nail was torn off, the fingertip was hanging loose, and the hospital deemed that the bone was broken.
They had to suture it shut by sewing through my remaining nail to reattach the fingertip.
Awesome huh?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I smashed my middle finger in a window this morning at school. It is a swinging window, and the crank is broken, so I was trying to close it by swinging it in to slam it shut, and I wasn't fast enough and it smashed my middle finger.

The nail was torn off, the fingertip was hanging loose, and the hospital deemed that the bone was broken.
    They had to suture it shut by sewing through my remaining nail to reattach the fingertip.
    Awesome huh?
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Unlucky leprechaun... :sick:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    HAHA that is TRUE today!!!!!

the worst part for me was when they injected it full of lidocaine so they could sew it. I HATE needles. like more than is rational. WAY more.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds painful. Hope you recover well:heart::flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    LOL Yellow, that was awesome.

:sick:

That happened to my big toe once when I was like 18. We were carrying a desk down the stairs and I had 1 toe of my shoe hanging off (this was a solid oak desk), the desk slipped, almost took my toe right the F*** off. Ironically it didn't really hurt very long, it went almost immediately numb.

Anyway, sorry LL. That kinda sucks, but look on the bright side, at least you can still do cardio. :tongue:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    LOL cardio on oxycodone? probably a bad idea-
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    And be careful with the weights today... Don't want your numb hand to drop one on your - as of now intact - foot. :wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    ouch, sorry to hear that, I hope you get better real soon.
  • Binkylove
    Options
    So sorry to hear about that.....it must have been so sore!!

Pamela XXX

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    And be careful with the weights today... Don't want your numb hand to drop one on your - as of now intact - foot. :wink:

pepper is FUNNY today! :laugh:

i will be working out with the remote today. and maybe a big powernap!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    holy moly that is awful! :noway:
    did you say this happened while in your classroom? did the kiddos see it? ugh! hope those pills are good!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ouch!! I accidently shut my son's finger in my bedroom door when he was a toddler. The tip of his finger was hanging off too but his bone wasn't broken. The doctor had to sew his finger back on. That was horrible. For weeks after it happened I would have flashbacks every time I walked through my bedroom door.

I hope your poor finger feels better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

Oh you don't even know. I'll bet you could run forever.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Hahahaha.
    Hmmmm 6.0 just doesn't feel fast enough. Wonder how fast this treadmill will go....?

Feel better soon!:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    holy moly that is awful! :noway:
    did you say this happened while in your classroom? did the kiddos see it? ugh! hope those pills are good!

no they hadn't come in yet. but when i went back to school to pick up my laptop, etc, the rumor going around was that I had cut my finger off.... so that had them all in a tizzy- LOL

thanks for all your good wishes guys-

drugs+pain=goodnight!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

:laugh: HA...I was thinking that could be the BEST workout of your life...who feels the pain of a kick butt cardio session with your friend oxycodone along..