Weight loss surgery thoughts

Options
I am 54 years old have type 2 diabetes as well as some joint pain. I am considering weight loss surgery. Has anyone here considered it or done it?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

I have no experience with the surgery myself but I've seen various threads here from members who have. Do a search for it and you can find those threads.

Good luck.
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It is the best thing I have ever done!!

My best advise is to do your research and make the decision that is best for YOU! Dont let anyone talk you into or out of it. Everyone will have a horror story to tell you but I have personally met hundreds of people who have had the surgery and have never met anyone who regretted it.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I would be happy to give you an honest info so you can make your decision.
  • dianeayres23
    dianeayres23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery 19 years ago. It was the best thing I ever did. I didn't keep all of the weight off but I am no where close to the 350 pounds I was. Truthfully, if I didn't do it, I think that I would not have survived the heart attack I had 4 years ago. I am here still struggling with my weight because it is not a panacea or a cure all.
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm having surgery on the 13th August but I'm really starting to struggle with the idea of it now I'm so close to the date. I'm panicking and struggling to decide if I should do it or not... even though I really do need it. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!!