Red face after work out?

Options
Happy Saturday all! I went out of town last night and this morning I worked out at our hotel and when I got back to the room my face was beet red! I had a hard workout and was sweating like CRAZY! My face always gets red when I work out but today it was bad. I think it was bad too today tho because I was nervous working out infront of other people. I usually run outside or do videos at home. Is this something to worry about? I have seen that other people get this too. I am pretty fair skinned.

Thanks!!

Replies

• sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Always happens to me, but I tend to stress my facial muscles when I work out.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! I went out of town last night and this morning I worked out at our hotel and when I got back to the room my face was beet red! I had a hard workout and was sweating like CRAZY! My face always gets red when I work out but today it was bad. I think it was bad too today tho because I was nervous working out infront of other people. I usually run outside or do videos at home. Is this something to worry about? I have seen that other people get this too. I am pretty fair skinned.

Thanks!!

I'm fair skinned too and get very very red when I work out. Just make sure youre not light headed or anything and I think you're fine.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I do the same thing. Never thought anything of it. I think it's normal??
  • missedina
    missedina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Red blood cells rushing to the surface. Make sure you're breathing during your workout but otherwise I take this as a good sign of exertion. :)
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My daughter's and I do the same thing, I always thought it was b/c we're part Irish, idk.
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My daughter's and I do the same thing, I always thought it was b/c we're part Irish, idk.
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Happens to me...I think it's the combo of working hard and fair skin. I wouldn't worry about it at all unless there is something else going on!

Congrats on working out on vacation!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Just drink lots of water, breathe and go at a reasonable pace. If you're fair skinned, like I am, it shows a lot more. The harder you work, the more it shows :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm very fair skinned and this happens to me. As long as you aren't light headed, dizzy or ill feeling - you should be just fine. Make sure you cool down and drink lots of water. :)
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My face gets so red after I get hot. I have always hated it & it seems like it takes forever to go away. I don't think there's anything wrong- it's just embarrassing.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    LOL I was just laughing at myself when I got back from my run today because of how red my face was. I am not fair skinned, I drink plenty of water, I concentrate on my breathing and I eat something small at least a 1/2 hour before my workouts. It's probably just they way we are made? HA!
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I get red, too. It may be worse in the hotel using the scratchy sweat towels there, too. As long as you're feeling fine, don't worry about it.

Celebrate your great work out and hydrate!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    My face gets so red after I get hot. I have always hated it & it seems like it takes forever to go away. I don't think there's anything wrong- it's just embarrassing.

I agree.. My face gets red as well. I just thought of it as a sign of being out of shape..(in my case).
  • lisa451999
    Options
    My face gets beet red too and stays that way for like an hour after I am finished. I don't think it is anything to worry about. I think it shows you were really working hard! :-)
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This happens to me as well. I'm fair skinned, and after I get back from a work out my head looks like its going to explode, haha.The same thing happens after I have a few drinks :) I think it is genetic, the same thing happens to my cousin and she hates it too!