Stupid App says I am not eating enough

2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    It's just a piece of GIGO software. Don't get so emotionally wrought about it.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Some days I eat less than my calorie goal [650-700 cals] and walk for a bit. I don't lose any weight either. :neutral: But I don't mean to not eat, I just am not hungry! lol. I guess the body is trying to hold on to something?

Kay but no. Don't take this the wrong way buuuuut if you are at a point where you need to lose weight then how are you NOT hungry now to the point of only eating 700 calories in a day?

The body isn't holding onto anything . . . you're eating more than you need to if you're not losing weight - it's that simple.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    hmmm OP has one post, OP has not returned, I think I know where this is going...

OP is too busy bingeing to reply?!
  • Kirsty2xx
    Kirsty2xx Posts: 1 Member
    Lots of people are giving reasons why this is happening.
    If u want to avoid this you could...

1) not sink your steps/exercise with the app so if you east 1300 cal and burn 400 it wont say you arent eating enough as it wont deduct the exercise

2) If you are a male say you are a female and you will get a lower goal by 200ish calories (probably only healthy to do this if you are a small male but some males are the size of females)

3) quick add the excess calories to get your day recorded and see a rough prediction of weight loss then remove the quick add later

4) scan packages of food rather than searching for them and measure out portions to be more accurate
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    ogtmama wrote: »
    Mine will give me a prediction so long as I stay above 1000...how low is your intake?

Mine too, only shouts at me for below 1000. My daily recommended calories is only 1200 anyway though. Perhaps that's why?

wow do you folks not understand that the minimum amount of calories to sustain minimum RDA nutrition is 1200 for woman and 1500 for men and that if MFP gave 1200 then it's based on the rate in which you wish to lose the weight.

and that if you continue to eat 1200 and less you are losing muscle mass, damaging yourself such as bones and heart damage...that weight loss is not a race and if you want to lose and keep it off you have to build good habits etc.

at 1k or less for extended periods of time you will eventually have hair loss, brittle bones and nails and muscle loss which slows metabolism...

at 1lb a week weight loss my daily intake was 1460 calories and I lost 1lb a week...if I wanted to eat more I exercised.

I'm 5'2 and it is set to sedentary. 1700 calories is maintenance for me. I have 40 pounds to lose. 1 pound a week is not unreasonable. I do eat back my excercise calories. Thank you for your concern....and your assumptions and judgment 😜