Want my healthy military body back!!

USAFProud
USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
edited July 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. This is my first time trying this app and I feel motivated so far. I served in two branches of the military and was in the best shape of my life, toned, strong and tiny. Since having my son (also military) 21 years ago I’ve gotten really out of shape. He’s never seen me in awesome shape and healthy physically and emotionally. He returns from deployment and comes home next year and it’s my dream to run in a 5K with him and show him Me at my best. He is my greatest accomplishment and joy!
Ariana

Replies

• divine1tx
    divine1tx Posts: 2 Member
    I want my military body back also. I don’t know how 70 pound just snuck up on me but I am determined to lose and get back down to my fighting weight.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    I think many of us want our younger bodies back! I never quite hit the goal of matching my days in the military but I got fairly close in many aspects. Then again, I never realized that I was reasonably quick back then (42:something 10K) and that with a lack of running these days that would be tough to match.

But I think for you that 5k dream should be within reach. And I'm sure your son will appreciate the effort, and I hope you find extra motivation due to that desire to run with him.

On a side note, this mother/son run makes me think of a part of the Iron Cowboy show that was on Netflix.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Good luck. And thanks for serving.
  • daniellam01
    daniellam01 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Anything we could help you with? Or do you have good knowledge on fitness? Thank you for your service.
  • Nama_Slay38
    Nama_Slay38 Posts: 178 Member
    Thank you for your service to our country ❤🇺🇸 first and foremost, and to your son! I'm a mom to a Marine.. with that said, mind ova matter, you can do what the mind believes!
  • USAFProud
    divine1tx wrote: »
    I want my military body back also. I don’t know how 70 pound just snuck up on me but I am determined to lose and get back down to my fighting weight.

That’s great news and very inspiring. I packed on over 100 and I’m ready to lose it all.
  • USAFProud
    robertw486 wrote: »

On a side note, this mother/son run makes me think of a part of the Iron Cowboy show that was on Netflix.

Thanks for your kind words. I can’t wait to run with him. I’ve never seen that show but I’ll have to check it out!
  • USAFProud
    Anything we could help you with? Or do you have good knowledge on fitness? Thank you for your service.

It was my pleasure to serve. I miss it!
    I actually used to be a personal trainer and studied athletic training in college. I got heavy just from giving up on a lot of things. BUT NOW I’m getting back into it.
  • USAFProud
    I can’t figure out to friend request anyone.
    Dang it, I’m so NOT techie!!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    FormerAF wrote: »
    I can’t figure out to friend request anyone.
    Dang it, I’m so NOT techie!!

You have to click on the persons name, and a small box will come up with basic information. Click on the name again and the full profile comes up, along with an option to add them as a friend.

As for the Iron Cowboy, it's an interesting show about an extreme triathlete. He did what they called 50/50/50. Fifty Ironman Triathlon distances, in 50 days, in 50 states. But there was a part where the father/daughter relationship was key. No spoilers from me!