Mum's to be - pregnancy and health

Options
Hello everyone,
I am 8 weeks pregnant, just wanna drop in here and connect with mums to be.🤰🏻 Share experiences and help each other.

Replies

• tarabara82
    tarabara82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 19 weeks pregnant. Just got back to tracking so I don’t gain too much this pregnancy!
  • PravaSagitta
    PravaSagitta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 weeks, and I'm gonna start a prenatal workout routine and track what I'm eating, I gained too much with my son and this time I'm going to take care of myself the healthy way!
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 20 weeks and currently tracking because if anything, I'm worried I'm not eating enough! I've been on a calorie controlled diet for so long I don't seem to know what a 'normal' diet looks like anymore. I've only gained around 1kg so far but, being overweight to start with, my midwife didn't seem overly concerned. This is my first pregnancy so have no previous experience to compare against.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hi pregnant mumma’s can I ask what your pregnant calorie goals are. The internet only seems to want to provide me with a generic range for people already at their ideal weight
  • annengineer
    annengineer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I’m 11 weeks along with my second- first is an energetic 21 month old who wears me out lol. I started tracking with MFP about 2 months before becoming pregnant and was losing weight at that time.

@ebony__ I’ll admit I haven’t been tracking, but I just changed my MFP goal to maintenance instead of losing when I got my positive, and that gave me a calorie goal based on my current actual weight not ideal. In the first trimester maintenance is a good goal generally, my OB told me for women in a healthy BMI range (which I am on the upper range of but still in) they want to see between 0-5 lbs gained in the first trimester. I get on the scale first thing in the morning (ok second thing, first thing is bathroom) and just go by that- if it’s down I try to eat a little more, if it’s up I skip the ice cream or whatever less than healthy thing I find myself “craving”.

I need to get myself doing light workouts like walking more. Its hard with the heat but I should have more energy as I head into second trimester so that excuse is going away.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I'm 12 weeks and tracking for accountability and to try to make sure I'm somewhere within a range of healthy since there's another person depending on my choices right now. I crossfit 2-3 times weekly (although scaled back for sure). Feel free to add me if anyone wants to be pregnancy buds! Honestly the mom friends I've made have been some of the best motivation and inspiration on my fitness journey. When I feel like there's no way I could possibly make it work, I talk to other parents getting it done, and there's always a way!