Hi. I'm new here.

Options
Hi. Um...what to say. Well, I'm overweight. And not by 10 or 15 pounds. More like 82 lbs. I gave up on all the market quick fixes....and some of my own plans....as well as 1 that cost me a fortune. I had to buy their foods...it was too much.

I have a stressful job and lately, I have had some health issues related to my eating habits and being obese. I'm tired of being tired and I'm sick of being sick. So I made the first call.

My diet starts today. I love the food calculator. It's very helpful. I'm on a 1400 cal diet. I have a medical doctor, psychologist, and nutritionist working with me. I feel like this is the ONE that is going to work. I have to report to them every week to every month, what I have been eating and an assessment of my health.

I didn't realize how hard it is to loose weight. I used to be so thin as a teenager and in my 20's. I just spiralled out of control when I hit my 30's.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :wink:

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Hi. Um...what to say. Well, I'm overweight. And not by 10 or 15 pounds. More like 82 lbs. I gave up on all the market quick fixes....and some of my own plans....as well as 1 that cost me a fortune. I had to buy their foods...it was too much.

I have a stressful job and lately, I have had some health issues related to my eating habits and being obese. I'm tired of being tired and I'm sick of being sick. So I made the first call.

My diet starts today. I love the food calculator. It's very helpful. I'm on a 1400 cal diet. I have a medical doctor, psychologist, and nutritionist working with me. I feel like this is the ONE that is going to work. I have to report to them every week to every month, what I have been eating and an assessment of my health.

I didn't realize how hard it is to loose weight. I used to be so thin as a teenager and in my 20's. I just spiralled out of control when I hit my 30's.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :wink:
  • maridale
    maridale Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good luck; sounds like you're on the right track. You'll get plenty of support at MFP.
  • bmayfield
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Like you, I needed to lose 70 lbs for health reasons six months ago. I started using this site and have since dropped about 36 lbs. I'm half way to my goal and it's been sooo easy compared to other diets. It's all about educating yourself and making better choices. Don't try to starve yourself. It's amazing how much food you can eat to get 1400 calories, if you're eating the right things! Walking is great exercise and good for relieving stress too! Good luck. Please keep us posted on your progress. We're all in this with you...

Betty
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Oh wow Betty, that is awesome! Good luck! I'm hoping for the same success!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: I really see you succeeding especially with all of your medical staff holding you accountable! Good Luck.