Life after dieting......

So I have 20 more pounds until I hit my goal weight. I’ve been eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. What happens when I hit maintenance? I no that I can up my calories, but I won’t gain the weight back will I? Since my calories will be increased

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    you change your lifestyle, I really cant see much difference in losing weight and maintenance. For me I eat 1400-1600 calories to lose and still eat the same,if I go over 1600 I gain. That is just me. I think your height and age has alot to do with it, have to play around with it.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    There isn’t life after dieting. There is simply continuing the habits you built during weight loss, only now you get to eat a little more. You probably don’t get to eat so much more that you can have anything you want.

I got an extra 200 calories per day when I started maintenance. All that means is I get a bigger breakfast, so I made it really count. I eat a lot of protein and fiber in my breakfast to help me stay satiated and hit my macros.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    There isn’t life after dieting. There is simply continuing the habits you built during weight loss, only now you get to eat a little more. You probably don’t get to eat so much more that you can have anything you want.

I got an extra 200 calories per day when I started maintenance. All that means is I get a bigger breakfast, so I made it really count. I eat a lot of protein and fiber in my breakfast to help me stay satiated and hit my macros.

This has been exactly my experience too. In fact truthfully I never got to my original goal weight. I just stopped losing. In the end my goal range is 10 lbs higher than what I expected. Of course my original goal was what I weighed briefly at the age of 16 and I'm now in my 60's so it wasn't realistic anyway.