Breaking my Food Addiction

Options
Hello all! My name is Tony and I am from Ohio. 3-4 months ago I was frustrated with years of failed weight loss. I started wrestling with the idea of focusing on breaking my food addiction, instead of weight loss. It is working so far! I am 11 weeks in and have lost 36 lbs so far. I am journeying with friends that I invited to do this with me, and the daily accountability of them helps a lot. MFP is helping me focus on the right energy for my body, instead of fad fast weight loss, and I am hoping it is the start of a long journey that ultimately results in breaking a lifetime of bad habits. I am new to the "community" side of MFP, but branching out a bit. Have a great day all. I look forward to hearing about your journeys as well. Best!

Replies

• 115onmyway
    115onmyway Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, looking forward to hearing the results of your journey!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Good for you! The biggest stumbling block in my relationship with food is emotional eating.

A little mini-mantras that I try to keep in mind is
    *The ONLY feeling food can fix is hunger"

and and the little sign that hangs just inside my pantry says:
    Is what you are looking for really in here?
  • ClassicL337
    ClassicL337 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @115onmyway Thank you for the encouragement. Have a great day! I will try to post results more often.
  • ClassicL337
    ClassicL337 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @rosebarnalice Thank you for sharing both the encouragement slogans and your biggest stumbling block. I agree with you about the stumbling block. As I was thinking about food addiction, I realized that it reached into the deepest areas of my life. It was a combination of lifelong bad habits, emotional eating, stress response and social response - every area of life! That is what I want to break. My goal is to go long with MFP tracking, long after I hit my goal weight, to make sure that I truly break the food addiction. Have a great day, and good luck on your journey as well. Best,