Protein distribution for recomp

Options
Hi everyone
Just so seeing how everyone distributes there protein Intake throughout the day? I am eating 4 meals a day at the moment and just wondering should i be distributing it a bit better for maximum muscle gains.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,069 Member
    Options
    I get protein in every meal because (1) I find it filling, and (2) I need to do so to hit my protein goal routinely, especially as a vegetarian. (I'm 5'5", aiming for 100g+ daily, which is right around 0.8g per pound of my preferred body weight.)

I don't seem to have any problem gaining muscle, even at an advanced age (63), if I overcome my native boredom with strength training and actually do some. ;)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    My intake is 80-100g per day at 102lbs.

I am older so MPS is no longer optimum. Because of that I eat 3 meals a day each having between 25-35g protein.

Cheers, h.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I try to hit over 84g a day, preferably closer to 115g, somewhere in that range. I'm 5'0", 114lbs, and I'm a woman in maintenance.

I AIM for 30g per meal and 15g per snack, to keep it balanced, but sometimes it varies. If I hit 30g for 3 meals and 15g for two snacks, I'd get 120g. I don't always hit that.

I don't like to have HEAPS of protein at once (over 40g) like having a protein shake with a meal with over 30g, but sometimes it just shakes out that way. I much prefer that it be distributed evenly over meals and snacks.
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'6", 125 lb female and I aim for 125-130 g of protein per day but sometimes fall short or go a bit above, such as today. My goal is to reach about 35 g of protein per meal, and 10-15 g of protein per each snack (2 snacks per day). I try to include as much protein as I can in every choice I make for food and beverages throughout the day, even if it is incorporating spinach or soy milk into my meals for example. It helps that I also happen to really like higher protein foods in general.

For example, today's breakfast was 47 g of protein, morning snack was 8 g, lunch was 33 g, afternoon snack was 16 g, and dinner was 33 g.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I try to hit 138g of protein a day. I choose protein rich food at every meal and for most snacks. I don't try to hit a certain goal each meal. Doing it this way has so far worked for me