New to Keto Diet

Options
Hi, I started Keto on Monday, July 22, 2019. I am planning on making it a lifelong way of eating to lose weight, get healthy and feel better. I'm excited to get started. Although it's been tough to figure out exactly how to eat with all the information but I have a good support system. I look forward to watching the group meet their goals.

Replies

• avivabarron
    avivabarron Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started my Keto transition on 7/15/19. BW: 234 CW: 222.3 as of this A.M. I’m certain a lot of it is water weight, but it has motivated me to keep going this route. I will begin to incorporate cardio this weekend and make adjustments from there. My macros: 25g Carbs/82g Protein/99g Fats; total kcal: 1319. I drink my bulletproof coffee daily and am full most of the day. I do IF from 8pm-12pm (16 hours fasting, then eat between 12p-8pm). So roughly 2 meals and 1 snack all Keto foods. I look forward to seeing your progress. Looking for others to help keep me motivated and likewise.
  • pamd90
    pamd90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started Keto on 6/24/19, and monthly check in was 7/22/19. So far SW:179.8 CW:166.6. The first week or two will be water weight, inflammation and hormonal imbalances sorting themselves out. After the 3rd week things will slow down a bit but don't get discouraged! I don't do any intermittent fasting. My intake is 40C/95P/135F and not tracking caloric intake either.
    If you want more info or some good recipes, head over to PerfectKeto.com or DietDoctor.com. PerfectKeto has an extremely in-depth explanation and guide to starting Keto. They also have a keto calculator to help you with your macros, a meal planning guide, shopping list and other things that are absolutely wonderful tools to have. DietDoctor has a free 2wk trial (after 2wk trial you have to pay) that you can access for a ton of fun easy recipes to make.

Hope all goes well for you both!! :#
  • magnolia98
    magnolia98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to do keto myself but have been afraid to do it. I haven't been confident in myself to commit to doing such a low number in carbs. I am definitely a carb lover. I'm trying to do more of a low carb diet myself, under 100 total carbs instead of net carbs. My brain has an easier time wrapping itself around tracking total carbs. The weekends is where I have a harder time. My husband and I try to go out and spend time together which involves eating out. My husband has a natural faster metabolism than myself and doesn't have any issues with eating like I do. But I've been trying to keep under the 100 carbs and move any type of movement. My body responds when I'm incorporating movement in my diet.

I wish you luck, I hope we can encourage each other.