Need Motivation!

Options
I've been trying to lose 30+ lbs for almost a year now and cannot get it mentally in my head to do so! I'm new to Fitness Pal and looking for anyone who can help me on this journey!

Replies

• theobaldpw
    theobaldpw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, I'm first time in the MFP community, and am also looking for encouragement and motivation. I've lost before but never maintain the motivation to lose after a while - I'd be keen to support each other.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • alexiswilsonfao
    alexiswilsonfao Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Look up Cristie "code red" she is so wonderful about explaining what you need and how to get there. I listen to her podcast and bought her book, it has helped me so so much! She also does personalized plans if you need some extra help. Good luck!
  • dicksonoconnor3544
    dicksonoconnor3544 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got you lala ๐Ÿ’ช
  • PhatNathalie86
    PhatNathalie86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Need Friends! I lost 40 pounds last year and then quit smoking... You know what happened! Here I am starting over again, but smoke free this time. :-) Please add me, I need motivation and support. Can't seem to stay focused long enough for the habit of being healthy to kick in again. I know I can do it, just need that extra push.
  • richardsullivanu
    richardsullivanu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose 30+ lbs for almost a year now and cannot get it mentally in my head to do so
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Motivation comes from within, friends are for support. Whatever your reason for wanting to get healthy, put it out in front of you every day and remind yourself of it all day long.

Progress Pics really help spur you on too. Don't worry about weight, there's too many variables and besides... scales lie! ๐Ÿ˜„

Stay consistent and be persistent and you'll start seeing results!

• gemziwoo
    gemziwoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat and totally understand its so frustrating. ๐Ÿ˜ค
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,349 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat and totally understand its so frustrating. ๐Ÿ˜ค

Dont get down hearted keep motivated and you will get there.