New to Keto

Options
Hello all I’m about half a month in on converting over to Keto. I must admit I’m still having a hard time with craving for sweets especially late into the night. I’ve tried watermelon to fill my void and it’s definitely not the same as a thick piece of chocolate cake. I don’t know if I’m the only one struggling with this but omg I just don’t trust myself to eat sweets period and limiting myself so I completely avoid them any one have any tips on how to control this urge?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I had researched keto when I started here and realized it wouldn't be sustainable for me due to the restrictions.

I know you need to be wary of carbs. I was going to suggest swapping fruit for your cake.
  • rparish9133
    rparish9133 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That’s what I been doing is eating watermelon when I’m having my cravings omg lol it’s definitely not cake, or a simple 365 ginger ale even though there’s like 35g of carbs in it.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    As much as I love watermelon, its not cake.
    Try These: https://myketoplate.com/keto-brownies/
    Keto friendly chocolate-fudgey goodness.
  • EverythingIsTakenAgain
    Options
    Have you looked up recipes for fat bombs? I haven’t tried any yet (been lucky not to have sweets cravings yet) but I have several recipes saved in case (cheesecake bombs, chocolate bombs, cookie dough bombs, etc.). Most have 2-4 net carbs per bomb.