Hello is anyone else starting Keto?

Options
Hello i am 1 week starting keto and wanted some ppl to do it with. Let me know of you are interested. THANKS

Replies

• pamd90
    pamd90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been doing keto for about a month. Good luck on your first few weeks, make sure you take a lot of electrolytes and keep hydrated to avoid the keto flu!
  • Ang3la_J
    Ang3la_J Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been wanting to try Keto. Heard nothing but good things about it. I Need a solid grocery list and meals to prepare. What resources are helping you start?
  • DarkTwain
    DarkTwain Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been considering it, right now I'm starting slow...no bread, pasta or potatoes
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I had researched keto when I started on MFP. I realized that it wouldn't have been sustainable for me due to the dietary restrictions.

If you're interested in doing keto, please do your research first. A lot of it.

Good luck!
  • lifeisgood6447
    lifeisgood6447 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started a few days ago. I had a headache for the first couple, and feel pretty good today. I am in dire need to lose weight, as I am at a bit over 300lb. I, not by wanting to, was around my carb limit the first couple of days but only at about 900 calories, with walking about 4 miles. Today I walked a similar amount, but tried to est lower carb but higher fat, and it upped my calories to 1,500 but gave me a significant boost and took my headache away! @Dark Twain, I did that starting about a week and a half ago, and I think it helped the transition. Is anyone havjng trouble getting the correct water intake? I am struggling to drink like 160oz a day.
  • Castillo1203
    Castillo1203 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Trish and I started Keto about 3 weeks ago and down 20lbs. It’s actually quite easy and I was lucky to never experience the “Keto flu.” However, I have hit a wall. My weight hasn’t fluctuated at all in four days!!! Any suggestions on how to get over this hurdle? Thanks! And good work to everyone going through this life change.
  • Urbanmomma7
    Urbanmomma7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Trish and I started Keto about 3 weeks ago and down 20lbs. It’s actually quite easy and I was lucky to never experience the “Keto flu.” However, I have hit a wall. My weight hasn’t fluctuated at all in four days!!! Any suggestions on how to get over this hurdle? Thanks! And good work to everyone going through this life change.

What were your starting meals like? I think I’m doing it right. Just not sure.
  • Tina232910
    Tina232910 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since Aug 2018 and have lost 80.5# so far.
  • avivabarron
    avivabarron Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    c1h411jyyh4k.png
    Here’s a quick-start guide of what to eat. But there are several simple meals to eat that are Keto-approved and Keto-Friendly.
  • pamd90
    Options

Hi Trish! Don't worry to much about hitting a wall. It's happened to me several times throughout the weeks I've been on Keto. I've been working with a coach and she's been super helping at explaining it could be a number of things. Best thing I've found is to keep a daily journal of stress factors, activity levels, monthly cycles, and anything else that could potentially cause a weight fluctuation or impede the weigh-loss process.

Definitely jealous of you for not experiencing the Keto flu! The first 2-3 days for me were a drag. lol
  • pamd90
    Options
    Ang3la_J wrote: »
    I’ve been wanting to try Keto. Heard nothing but good things about it. I Need a solid grocery list and meals to prepare. What resources are helping you start?

Here's a few great sights for you to start with:
    PerfectKeto
    BulletProof

Also, if you use Pinterest, there are a TON of fun and quick recipes you can try out. Just search for Keto Friendly Recipes. ;)
  • libby6972
    libby6972 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I have been on a lower carb plan since June 19th.. But as of Monday of this week, I have been doing a semi lazy keto. My carbs have been under 20 grams every day all week. I'm doing really well and have gotten great results since the very beginning of this new chapter, but this week as well. WOW.

I have done a lot of research. It's not to be gone into lightly and it's definitely not to be abruptly stopped and started, etc.. I watch someone on YouTube who has done keto since Jan 1st of this year and has had AMAZING results. She previously, 10 years ago, lost over 100 lbs, but gained about 20 lbs back after the holidays and decided to try keto. Now she's fully on and even coaches others.

I'll add the link to her channel. https://youtube.com/results?search_query=nicole+burgess

Good luck everyone. Does anyone know when MyFitnessPal intends to have a Keto version for us wanting to use net carbs? I just do it in my head now but...

Thanks for creating this post!
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started Keto back in March... I lost 15 lbs but more importantly, I lost inches! Started seeing a difference in my Progress Pics and definitely in my clothes. I'm down one size pants, had to buy a smaller belt and my shirts are looser... and, I'm borderline ready for another downsize in pants!
  • eamisemer
    eamisemer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve started Keto a week now. Switching my macros a bit so I can get in Ketosis. Keto works, I’ve done it before and I have watched several others have much success. My failure was not recognizing it as a life change, I won’t make that mistake this time. Look forward to hearing about your successes.

Can you share how you adjusted your macros. New to all this so trying to figure everything out. Thanks for all the tips and info you posted