Fruit

Options
Does anyone struggle to lose weight when they eat fruit

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    what about fruit makes you struggle?

weight loss is about eating at a calorie deficit regularly over time. that is totally daoble while eating fruit.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    No, I find fruit helpful, as well as delicious.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    Apples make me hungrier? :)
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I love fruit, it helps satisfy my sweet tooth so I'm more likely to stay away from the biscuits/ chocolate.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I actually find fruit to be great for weight loss. I find it very filling, much more than meats or grains, so I can fill myself up on less calories, helping to create my calorie deficit.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    No, in fact eating more fruit helped reduce my cravings for less nutrient-dense sweets like candy and baked goods. (I know that's not true for everyone, but I've read others here saying the same.)

In what way do you find that fruit interferes with weight loss, for you?
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    No not at all. It also helps keep us regular because of the fiber content.

PLUS it's Summer-so all the best fruit is available now (sweet cherries, peaches, blackberries, plums)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

omgosh yes!

but overall no, i weigh my food including fruit and log. then i stay under my calorie goal and lose weight
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    lisaswyer wrote: »

No, fruit is a part of my daily meal plan. It's within my daily calorie allotment.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options

Me too! I can grab a decent sized apple for a snack and be absolutely ravenous 20 minutes later.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    lisaswyer wrote: »

No...unless it take me over my calorie targets...but even then, can you really blame it on one particular food? Going over my calorie target would be a cumulative effect of everything I ate that day.
  • dheck9
    dheck9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try putting a little peanut butter with the apple. The satisfaction level is worth the extra calories and helps to keep you on track.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    dheck9 wrote: »
    Try putting a little peanut butter with the apple. The satisfaction level is worth the extra calories and helps to keep you on track.

Mmm...or sharp cheddar.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Ripe peach cut up with raw honey drizzled on it, just now. 56 Calories.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Fruit does not make you gain weight or stop losing weight unless you eat so much fruit that you're not in a deficit anymore.

I do sometimes see a temporary increase on the scale because I can eat a pretty large volume of fruit (and vegetables) for relatively few calories. That increase is mostly water and fiber in the produce and it will go away when I digest what I've eaten.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Mmm...or sharp cheddar.

Try a sliced nectarine or peach with peanut butter on toast. Heaven.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options

Mmm...or sharp cheddar.

or a lovely runny cheese, and maybe a few crispy crackers.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I find if I'm really hungry and eat an apple, nothing, I'm still really hungry, but if I'm only a little hungry and eat an apple, I'm feelin full 1/2 way through the apple....