Im going Keto

Options
After many months and some depression and anxiety I find myself about 50kg above my recommended weight.... most of this crept on over the last 10 years but the majority in the last year.... Dont get me wrong I have always been a bit tubby, but I successfully got to my goal of 78KG about 15 years ago and was sure I would never put it back on.

A switch went on on Saturday, I know I need to do something and start now. I lost weight successfully in the past using calorie control, but I struggled to keep the weight off.... So I jumped on the internets and decided that I could quite possibly live with Keto as a choice. So I have started today.

I bought some Keto Cookbooks for recipy ideas, I know the ratios for the macros and I have some sticks to pee on... Wish me luck.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

I wish you the best on your keto journey. Glad you researched it first.

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very helpful.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Even though Keto seems like magic sometimes, there will be ups and downs. Keep with it...its a process, not a quick fix :)
  • joshyboy66
    joshyboy66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good day eelko2, I know you are doing the right thing and you can do it. I started the keto diet almost 1 month ago now, I had been feeling depressed and to myself overweight (269lbs) and I needed a change. This lifestyle choice is by far the hardest but best thing that has happened to me, I have a broken artificial disc in my back so I am in constant pain and exercises are not an option for me, but this diet has brought me to a weight of 241 lbs and down from a size 38 waist tight to a loose 32. If you ever need ideas for meals or anything I can help with let me know, and we will rock this.
  • lmcdonald1979
    lmcdonald1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am on Keto and find it’s a diet that works for me. Started it about 4/5 weeks ago, lost 8lb, but had to stop as I was having a new kitchen and found it difficult to cook or do anything. Drink plenty of water I’ve had 3L today, or you may get what’s known as the Keto flu due to the drop in sodium levels. Good luck
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Its day 7 for me now, and I have to admit. I am feeling GREAT... Keto makes a lot of sense to me.... There is a lot of learning to do, its not just watching calories, but it has been hugely beneficial for me already...
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Keto is awesome! It's been 394 days and I'm not stopping 😉
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. I hope it works for you. Whenever I tried keto, it triggered an extreme bout of depression, so if you are prone to that, keep an eye on it. Hopefully, you won't react as I did, but it's something to be aware of.
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. I hope it works for you. Whenever I tried keto, it triggered an extreme bout of depression, so if you are prone to that, keep an eye on it. Hopefully, you won't react as I did, but it's something to be aware of.

Its weird, it did the opposite for me.... My anxiety levels have dropped massively... it has stopped being a feature in my life and is now a rare occurrence.

But having said that, depression and 'anxiety induced depression' are two different things...

• goodmojo
    goodmojo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started week 2 into my KETO journey. So far so good. Haven’t suffered. No flu. According to urine test I reached ketosis on fourth day. Joints feel better. Dropped 8lbs so far. Glad to not feel bloated
    Just bought the blood test to get more accurate reading. This is my second week and it’s morphed into intermediate fasting. I’m just not hungry.
    I’m having fun trying new recipes and enjoying good food.