RUMBLING TUMMY

Options
Heya, im relatively new to myfitnesspal and the aspect of dieting really...

I'm 18 and have slight problem as im supposed to be sticking to eating 1200 calories a day, but i tend to get tummy growls as though im hungry, are there any filling foods which i could eat or any methods to help prevent this as its rather embarrassing at college >.< I tend to just eat more in an attempt to make it stop really...sometimes works...but not good for my weight loss obviously...

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

153164.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ambleburner
    Options
    Heya, im relatively new to myfitnesspal and the aspect of dieting really...

I'm 18 and have slight problem as im supposed to be sticking to eating 1200 calories a day, but i tend to get tummy growls as though im hungry, are there any filling foods which i could eat or any methods to help prevent this as its rather embarrassing at college >.< I tend to just eat more in an attempt to make it stop really...sometimes works...but not good for my weight loss obviously...

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!

153164.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    well what kind of stuff are you eating?

I eat 6 times per day, and it helps

Also, are you drinking all your water? That will help fill you up.
  • Fuhgetaboutit
    Options
    Try K20 protein water. it's by kellogs. Really good, keeps you full 15 cals for 1/2 packet. :flowerforyou:
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    :laugh: haha i went through the same thing today when i was in class. it was so loud it was embarrassing! :blushing:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories/day too. Things that are high in protein and fiber will help keep you full longer. For a quick snack between classes, you could try something like a Fiber One / Fiber Plus granola bar (140 / 130 calories, respectively), or a small serving of almonds. I agree about drinking water to keep you full too.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Can you keep things like small bags of nuts or string cheese in your back pack or book bag?

Protein in frequent, small amounts and water will keep the tummy grumbles away...........

Bags of nuts and string cheese are highly portable for busy people on the go...........

Personally, I would stay away from things like those Fiber 1 granola bars and such. They are full of chemicals and preservatives which are not good for you.
  • tiare75
    Options
    I just started dieting and my aunt (who is in incredible shape) told me to keep things like carrots or cheese handy for when the tummy rumbles. She also said to keep water available at all times to keep you full longer.