Goal Accomplished x 2

Options
Today, I officially weighed in while fully hydrated and reached my original goal of 199.5 pounds, a loss of 52 pounds in six months! My wife of 14 years has never known me at this weight, in fact, the last time I weighed less than 200 pounds was October, 1987 in my freshman year of college - 24 years ago!!!!!

In addition, I ran a half marathon today in 1:51, six months after being winded walking a flight of stairs. MY FITNESS PAL is a great tool. Of course it takes commitment, discipline and determination to achieve your own goals, but set them high and stay the course. You cannot underestimate the power of the mind, or the feeling of accomplishment when people you saw last year don't recognize you! My previous goal is now a milestone in a continued journey toward a better life. Thank you MY FITNESS PAL! :happy:

Replies

• michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Such amazing accomplishments!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You should be so proud... and that time ROCKS for your race!!!! I'm fully looking forward to my first half in a month. Great job! I'll bet even your wife is happy to have you this fit... yay!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congratulations on both achievements!
  • angiolm
    angiolm Posts: 52
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Congratulations! Bottle some of that will power - will ya? How very impressive!
  • JackThunder
    JackThunder Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration- Thank you so much, you look great!
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    AWSOME JOB!!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring. Congrats to you. What a big day today was.....be proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!