5 months and 59lbs Pics!

Options

Replies

• Lyrinosis
    Options
    This is one of the best Success pictures I have seen! You are working hard. That's going to pay off with extra years of life!
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a difference and in only 5 months!!! Any words of wisdom?????????????????

Thanks everyone! It's nice to know other people can tell the difference. :bigsmile: In April I never would have thought about running a 5k. I finished in 27:55. Not bad for my 1st one.

What I tell my co-workers, since so many ask me now (after I tell them to log into MFP of course :smile: ), is that I think the key thing is to track calories and drink a lot of fluids. For me it's green tea since I don't like plain water. Also find food you like that doesn't blow the calorie limit but keeps you from feeling hungry. I have had success using whey/casein protein and fiber (cereal, 90 calorie bars). I'm also eating a lot of blueberries, black berries and strawberries. About every 3 weeks I have a day where I actually feel really hungry but otherwise I don't feel like I'm starving even though I am eating a lot less calories than I was just 5 months ago. Of course this keeps me from binging which is what would always happen on 'diets' leading to the spiral of just going off it. Really, I don't prevent myself from eating types of foods I like. I just don't eat as much when I do or nearly as often. My wife and I now just share an entree if we go out to eat instead of getting an appetizer, entree each and maybe even dessert.

I still hate most vegetables so I have struggled with that, though I eat a lot of spinach now instead of lettuce. So any sandwich or salad I have now is spinach.

My final words of wisdom are avoid the drive through! I used to go to McDonald's all the time and I mean all the time. Now I haven't been since I started!! :smile:
  • kristizzle66
    Options
    That is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing!!! You look at least 15 years younger!!! Congratulations!!!!!

:drinker:
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    OMG!! You face looks totally different! Thank you for sharing. So inspiring!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Do you get people not recognising you? You look totally different! And so quick too.

I'm also a green tea freak, i log it as water too, cos it's so healthy.

Well done! You've definitely inspired us.
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Look at you, wow!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    That's very inspirational! Good luck on the rest of your journey, and you've done awesome so far!
  • lotusia
    lotusia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing results!
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Do you get people not recognising you?

It's sort of funny. I work in a clean room so I am gowned up from head to toe and you learn to recognize people by their shape. Even from behind you know who people are, sometimes even easier then from the front. lol

So a couple months ago after I had lost around 45lbs I went and worked on a shift that I don't work very often so no one had seen me for awhile. I had gone from wearing a 2XL gown to L. I was getting the double takes when I walked in that is for sure!

I've worked a couple times now on that shift and I get all kinds of comments from them since they don't see me very much. They all tell me I look taller. LOL!

My parents haven't seen me in person since last year and they will be coming for a visit in a few weeks. And other than the picture I just posted today I hadn't taken any recent ones. Should be an interesting visit!
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congrats -- great job!
  • JoanNLV
    JoanNLV Posts: 83
    Options
    Looking good. You are an inspiration to me...but I can't run. I am determined to be posting such awe inspiring pictures some day.
  • JulieGZ
    JulieGZ Posts: 1
    Options
    fabulous! You looks so different - and happy! Inspirational!
  • lesduit
    lesduit Posts: 3
    Options
    You look fantastic! You seem happier and you look younger! Thanks for the inspiration, I have almost lost 100 pounds and I have another hundred to go.
  • eagle_01
    eagle_01 Posts: 94
    Options
    Great job, and well done on the run!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look so slim & healthy. Thanks for all the tips - really impressive weight loss in only 5 months. I'm trying to lose 65lbs in 7 months so you've proved it's possible! Many Congrats & enjoy Venice! :D
  • tradrick
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment. And that 5k run time is pretty sweet too. Congrats
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    What a wonderful accomplishment!!! You look fantastic! I just started the couch to 5k program & I am psyched & nervous all at the same time! I hope 9 weeks from now I can really do it! Thanks for sharing your success!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good job man!
  • JellyPrz619
    Options
    you look great!! be proud!!
  • lupititita
    Options
    You should be a mentor for us newbies!
    Tell me about your routine, what was your inspiration? What did you do differently when it was raining or during the winter, when the sidewalks are covered with snow or even ice...
    What did you do to prevent injuries?
    I have too many questions! I want to do it also, without getting hurt...
    what are all those things on your belt?
    Congratulations!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!