Can't seem to stay motivated

Options
Hello, I am a 41 year old single mother to two teenage boys. I work full time and just don't seem to be able to stick to anything longer than a week or two. I am hoping to find encouragement and support, as well as give support, on this site.

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, and have 4 teenagers!! (3 sons) and I am married. Add me if you like because moms need to cheer eachother when it feels like no one else does!! Otherwise, good luck on your journey.
  • sarah61587
    sarah61587 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can do whatever you put your mind to! You just have to make the decision that you are WORTH IT and you DESERVE it! Then you will find yourself staying more motivated and making more time for exercise. Taking a few minutes to plan meals will help you stick to your goals. Don't get discouraged when you slip up and don't deprive yourself of anything. If you want something, have it! Just remember to keep it in moderation and listen to your body. Feel free to add me. This site and all of the support I have received have been super helpful! Good luck!
  • paintergal73
    Options
    I am married and have one son. i have been at this since May and have lost 27 lbs. I am about 5 lbs from my goal and i feel wonderful. I am wearing short shorts, tight tops and sexy underwear for the first time in my life. I say all this because you can do this and get it done. When you do you will feel awsome. I am 38 and am going through something with my age and weight lately. I had to loose it I felt old and fat. You will feel so viberant and young again ...keep it up dont stop.
  • pambaldwin
    Options
    It is very hard when you have a family and work full time too. I find that it is a mind set. You finally reach the point when losing weight and exercising becomes a top priority. Until you reach that point then you probably won't make it. My suggestion is to buy a food scale and track all that you eat. As you pick and choose the good things for yourself, you will automatically make the same good choices for your family. I weigh all my food and give my family more of the same things since their calorie intake is different than mine. I use to wake up early and walk 3 miles through the neighborhood at 5 a.m. Got so I enjoyed it especially for the quiet and peacefulness. Good luck to you!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think the best way to keep motivated is to set small, achievable goals. I also think rewards for achieving those goals goes a LONG way in keeping you motivated and looking forward.

You can do this. You really can. No more "I can't..." or "I won't...". Get on the wagon and don't look back.
  • sherrywhayes
    sherrywhayes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. My hubby and teenage son do not have a weight issue and can eat anything they want. I bore so easily with diets and can't seem to stay focused. Hopefully with the help of God, friends, and this fitness pal we can hang in there this time and do it for ourselves and get healthy so we can be around for our grandchildren one day.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Hi! welcome! I am 43 , mother of 6...ages 11-22...soon to be grandmother :)
    Add me is a friend! It is a wonderful place to be...just start with small steps and soon you'll be on your way.
  • frhodes01
    Options
    You can do this. I have two friends that started in June. One is walking on a treadmill and one is not. He lost 27 lbs. She lost 17 and they are still loosing. Eat what you want, but chose your calories wisely. Skip the bagel. You know what I mean. Eat an english muffin instead. Read the labels....I just started...Need to lose at least 40 lbs....My sister started last week and lost 6 lbs already....
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just turned 40 this year and have 3 teenage sons. I feel your pain...It's hard to work, take care of your family and still find time for yourself. Just stick with it and keep on trying! You will be successful...it's important for you to do this for yourself. You deserve it!! I'm here to cheer you on if your looking for support :)
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! welcome! I am 43 , mother of 6...ages 11-22...soon to be grandmother :)
    Add me is a friend! It is a wonderful place to be...just start with small steps and soon you'll be on your way.

You're an inspiration to us all...6 children. Congrats! I read your profile...I love how positive you are with such a busy life.