Ladies with long hair!

toyahsammut
toyahsammut Posts: 1 Member
I have reallyyyyy thick and long hair. How do you cope with exercising and sweating and keeping your hair all nice and straight? I can’t wash and blow dry it every single day it’s a nightmare! Would like some tips

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I hear ya, except mine is fine so I just have to wash it every day.

Dry shampoo?
    Tie hair up and out of the way.

Hope you get lots of good tips.
  • liaoverbrook
    liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
    i have a weft of extensions sown in, i put my hair in two low bunches so the sweat mainly stays at my roots so i can use dry shampoo, i wash my hair every wednesday and sunday and go the gym monday, wednesday and friday x i pop my hair up in a bun or pony of its looking too greasy to wear down on wednesday but its usually okay

i find that wearing it almost down but still tied out the way helps a lot !
  • Phoenixsunflr
    Phoenixsunflr Posts: 78 Member
    I’m the same as you. I have long hair, there’s a lot of it and it’s super thick. I tie my hair in a bun and wash it on a daily. I sweat too much at the gym to not wash it
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited July 2019
    I wash it 2-3 times a week. I style it once a week maybe and leave it natural the rest of the week or in a ponytail. It can’t be perfect all the time. I use dry shampoo in between.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    ponytails and buffs keep it out of my face
    i don't wash every day, but i'll "wash" it with conditioner
    or if i'm really lazy, i'll keep it in a messy bun
  • cjays2019
    cjays2019 Posts: 14 Member
    I have a lot of hair it's long and thick as well. I'm a ponytail girl all the way and it rarely gets styled. I'm not able to wear my hair down for work. I wash about every 2 days and usually use dry shampoo on the morning of the second day.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Never heard of dry shampoo till this thread. Is it what it sounds like?
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    I have long hair. Every workout makes me want to shave my head.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    I have reallyyyyy thick and long hair. How do you cope with exercising and sweating and keeping your hair all nice and straight? I can’t wash and blow dry it every single day it’s a nightmare! Would like some tips

I HAD long hair before I cut it off a year ago but me personally I have SUPER curly hair. Keeping my hair nice and straight when working out or so is an absolute no lol. Not happening. I just toss it up and do what I gotta do!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I am very lucky. I have long straight hair. I have the opposite problem: my hair never stays in curls, no matter how much gel or hair spray is on it. As my gran used to say: my hair is so straight, it straightens curlers
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week. During workouts I either put it in a bun for low impact stuff or put it in a low pony tail and braid it for running. if I sweat a lot and it gets wet, I'll maybe get a little water on the roots in the shower and then blow dry just the roots. I use dry shampoo on the third day usually and french braid or put in a bun. The other days I leave it down or half up and use a curling iron.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    I have atypical long thick Polynesian hair. For workouts I tie it up in a high pony, plait and leave it down or roll it into a tight bun. At other times, French plait to my nape and let it drop. I wash it after every workout and apply leave in conditioner. Water isn't an enemy to my hairtype, humidity is.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    I have long hair. Every workout makes me want to shave my head.

LOL!! I have to chuckle at this post - I have VERY short hair (is it OK if I post on this thread??) and feel the exact same way. I came really close to doing just that a few months back. My husband, who doesn't, as a rule, care about anything I do, oddly enough hit the ceiling when I told him my plan. Which really confused me...as he is bald....
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I have long, thick, crazy hair that isn't straight or curly or wavy but a combination of all 3 and frizzy and damaged from over dying on top of that.

I tie it in a knot/bun thing on top of my head.

I don't sweat much so not a problem.

It looks messy and as my husband puts it, I look like a sunflower because of the short wispy bits that stick up around my face, but *kitten* it.

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Oh yeah and I only wash it like once or twice a week.

Except for in summer when I go to the beach a lot, then I wash it more.

And leave-in conditioner is my friend.