Losing weight and feeling full?

Options
Okay so here I am feeling quite full after a decent meal. My day today consisted of:
2 slices wholemeal bread
2 eggs

2 more slices wholemeal bread
Tin of soup

Then for now which is dinner I had 2 youngs oven fish fillets (460cals)
In two wholemeal buns (320cals)

I'm stuffed even though everything logged on myfitness pal today equals to 1600cals.

I am aiming for 2400 per day after logging my BMI and this is the target set by NHS for me to lose weight.

My question is as this is my first time feeling satiated and not hungry, is it possible to be full and lose weight I feel guilty like I've over eaten :0

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to lose the guilt on feeling satisfied. You're not going to survive long term if you feel like you have to be hungry to lose weight. Remember, it's forever.

This is actually pretty common - people switch to less calorie-dense foods and still get a large enough portion to feel satisfied despite not enough calories. Generally, it catches up to your body in the long run, as you're not giving it the calories it needs. That's when cravings start, and that's why many people struggle with yo-yo dieting. What are your stats? 1,600 may not be especially low depending on where you're at (those people with a lot to lose can have a bigger deficit without it affecting them in the fatigue department).
  • donhuzayfa
    donhuzayfa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well I'm roughly 16.5 stone, Male, 26, and 5ft 8in. NHS recommends based on my stats to eat 2400 calories per day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    It's common for there to be a "honeymoon" period when your appetite decreases due to a change in eating habits. 1600 is lower than you should eat long term, but it won't hurt for a few days or weeks.

However, after a month, if you haven't lost a corresponding amount of weight, then you are eating more than you think - start another thread, make your food diary public, and ask for help with logging issues.

If you have lost as you should given those calories, and are feeling fatigued, eat more calorie dense foods like nuts, cheese, peanut butter, etc., to get your calories up to where they should be.