Overnight oats

Are the overnight oats okay to put in the microwave for maybe 20 seconds just to take some of the chill off. Just asking as i never heated yogurt before.

Thanks

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    If you microwave yogurt too long, it might thin or curdle, but I would guess that a brief trip in the microwave should be fine. Worst case scenario seems to be that it might look or taste a bit different, but still be okay to eat.

If you have the time, it might work better to just let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    When I used to make overnight oats I routinely put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds with no adverse effects.
  • SolanineNightshade
    SolanineNightshade Posts: 38 Member
    I take mine to work. since it's an hour commute, it has time for the chill to wear off but not get too warm.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Which fruits do you add?
    I love cold overnight oats- so no microwaving here.
    I tend to stick to raspberries but fancy a change- used fruits of forest mix before but I don't like blackberries or blackcurrants😕. Looking for other good ideas.
  • weightgoesbyebye
    weightgoesbyebye Posts: 54 Member
    When I used to make overnight oats I routinely put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds with no adverse effects.

Mine has yogurt in it that is why i was asking about the microwave.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Microwaving yogurt will likely kill some of its beneficial bacteria, but if you are not nuking it to hot, probably not all.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member

Mine has yogurt in it that is why i was asking about the microwave.

Yeah mine did too.