ATE ALOT OF CARBS TODAY

Options
It was just one of those days that got out of hand.

I had all you eat sushi for lunch and a shawarma plate of rice, chicken and garlic sauce. AND an ice cream cone, not only do I feel like *kitten* but I feel guilt as well. I know this stuff happens and it was just one of those days. Over my calories by about 300.

What can I do to minimize the carb bloat I’ll feel in the morning? Water? Tea? Anything ? Lol

Thank You!

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Add my name to a big carb day.

Today I was hungry as a bear so made a business decision to eat big today and I did. I’ve been doing lots of running training this week getting ready for my 6-mile fun run this Sunday morning.

Today was an astonishing 478 grams of carbohydrates or 54 percent of the total of 3,511 calories consumed. Felt good. Took a good nap after my final food fueling..

Today was 3,511 calories or 662 calories over maintenance after adjusting for exercise calories.

But, my weight had been on the low side of my 5-lb. maintenance range for s ling time so I’m sporting no guilt.

Enjoy your feeding, get back on task and keep marching forward in your current fitness, health and wellness journey.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I did the same thing the other day. It was time to go to bed but instead I scarfed down a ton of dry cereal, right from the box. No wonder it’s taking me weeks and weeks to lose those last three pounds until goal weight.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Use the extra cals and carbs to fuel and blast your exercise/lifting sessions for the next few days.
  • aziz_n1
    aziz_n1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I’m no expert but I’m sure I read that our bodies need a certain amount of carbohydrates to provide fuel to burn and provide energy. Too low a carb intake and we start to feel fatigue. It could be that when we tuck into carbs, we are fulfilling the bodies request for more fuel. Saying that, it’s very easy to overeat on the carbs but as long as it’s a once in a while thing, it’s probably nothing to worry about.
    What I have found is that if I do have a bad carbs day, I seem to have a lot more energy the next day in the gym or on the squash court.
    Weekend is here now, so that’s a real challenge in me keeping the carbs under control.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    unless you eat that way daily, one day is not gonna do you harm in term of weight loss, its a matter of eating over long period of time. Try treating it like forced cheat day for this and next week, don't feel bad.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Well... you don't really know what you ate which is fine on occasion. Sometimes the best we can do is a good guess. I couldn't help but notice that you ended the day within your calories by your guess so I am confused why you think you went over. I mean you probably did some but your calorie goal should include your deficit and it is the target you hit to lose weight.

The carbs you ate while likely cause some water retention because you will refill your glycogen levels. This will mean better energy will come along with the water gain so enjoy it and do your favorite exercise. The sodium that comes along with sushi will also add to the water gain but all of it is temporary and should be back down to normal in under 5 days.

The guilt is the only problem. You need food to live. Would you feel guilty for breathing deep?

If, on occasion, you eat more you should enjoy it otherwise you have negated the mental benefit of it. Weight loss takes a really long time and many people, I am one, need a little extra enjoyment from time to time to keep it from seeming like a diet. A lifestyle should include joy.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of carbs every day! I love carbs!

carbs are necessary to function(glucose), and they taste great, food for brain. I like carbs too.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about a 300 calorie overage.

Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it. <3
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm on holiday in France at the moment. I am eating all the carbs. Weirdly today I'm even in quite a big deficit just because I walked 25k steps despite a breakfast of pastries and a lunch of stuffed cabbage and aligot, which is incredibly amazing stringy cheesey mashed potato. I ended up craving chicken, beans and salad for dinner!

Just get back to your usual routine tomorrow. It's just one day. I'm regularly over on my calories a few times a week. It averages out as some days I'm less hungry.
  • aziz_n1
    Options
    Hey, I know the feeling. Was going to go to the gym in the early evening yesterday after a good day diet wise. Then my younger brother and his son got on my case and talked me into staying home and while watching a movie have Pizza & sides!!!
    I loved the taste but not the after effects like feeling really full/bloated and the mental downside of having given in and ‘spoiling’ a good day. It happens, just have to accept it and start again.
  • aziz_n1
    Options
    Really earnt my treat today. Activity packed day, burnt the calories, enough to even allow myself a killer dessert today. Homemade, Rice Pudding, made with full fat, full cream, lots of sugar, maximum taste. Delicious!! However, I don’t feel bad about it & was very ravenous at dinner time today. What’s even more amazing, I’m still in deficit for the day.😳😊
  • Nery_Tay
    Nery_Tay Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just made this mistake of overeating in carbs! I didn't look at a serving size from a pancake mix and only followed the instructions for the waffles. When I entered the data I was in shock. Utter shock!. I guess today will be my intense cardio day with HIITs and dancing. My lesson was learned. I know this happened to me about a year ago when I forgot to check the serving size for an ice cream container.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It was just one of those days that got out of hand.

I had all you eat sushi for lunch and a shawarma plate of rice, chicken and garlic sauce. AND an ice cream cone, not only do I feel like *kitten* but I feel guilt as well. I know this stuff happens and it was just one of those days. Over my calories by about 300.

What can I do to minimize the carb bloat I’ll feel in the morning? Water? Tea? Anything ? Lol

Thank You!

Over 300 isn't ridiculous unless your calorie count is set to high - do a reassessment of current goals.