Hurricane Irene

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
To all of those who will be in the path of Irene...BE SAFE! I live in the South and have dealt with a couple hurricanes and tropical storms, and it SUCKS. Safe vibes to everyone! And from everyone in Texas...be safe, y'all! <3

Replies

• TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you! We are waiting for this to be over...soon!
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks, it's supposedly going to get pretty crazy here in western Massachusetts, but not as bad as on the coast.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm getting scared.........we're in CT, Irene is still a few hours away (although the rain got here a while ago) and now we've got a tornado watch in effect..........
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i too am praying for all who are experiencing this storm.....dealt with Ike 3 years ago and would not wish this on anyone!
    all stay say!
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    To all of those who will be in the path of Irene...BE SAFE! I live in the South and have dealt with a couple hurricanes and tropical storms, and it SUCKS. Safe vibes to everyone! <3

Thank you :-). I live in Connecticut, and my family is all set and prepared for the storm. My family in NC have already been devastated by the hurricane. I'm hoping to get in touch with them in a few days.
    This storm is really no joke, and the stress level is high in the northeast. I'm hoping everyone gets through it safely. We're all in this together *hugs!*
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Praying for all of you!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I had Tropical Storm Allison, Hurricane Katrina outskirts, and was in the direct path of Rita and Ike since I'm in Texas. Hope you're all okay. :)
  • Angieeebabayy
    Options
    Yeah, I hope that all of you in Irene's path are okay! I live in Minnesota so I've never experienced a hurricane, but from what I've heard- it's just terrible. Stay safe, guys!
  • mom22kiddos
    mom22kiddos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am in WA state so no where close to the storm but do have family and friends over there that are in the path of hurricane Irene. Just want everyone to know I'm thinking about you over here in WA and hope that you all stay safe!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Here in Jersey :( Waiting for the crazy!
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks! I'm in Yonkers, NY and biked today from my home to Manhattan. Wanted to see what it looked like without all of the hustle and bustle and it was indeed interesting! I've got everything I need and am ready for what's to come.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone, hope you all stay safe!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    High winds and heavy rain expected here in Northeast PA, but nothing tooooo bad. Of course, it's easy for me to say that, since I'm completely out of any flood zones. Low lying area near creeks and streams will probably get flash floods, but they get that all the time. They're forecasting 3-5 inches of rain, and up to 60mph wind gusts. Areas east of here will get 5-8 inches of rain.

I'm just glad it's not snow. One inch of rain typically equals about a foot of snow!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, as I type it's not as bad weather wise here in Virginia Beach as we anticipated even though we are in amidst the hurricane. The heavy rains we had this morning were worst than what is going on now. From what I see on the news, most concern in when the high tide comes in 1/2 an hour that there will be additional flooding. (So the storm surge is more of a concern right now.) Most tragedies today have been with trees falling, one of which sadly took the life of a young boy in Newport News :( And also according to latest news 2 million are without power right now. My prayers are with the those families who lost loved ones today. And I will pray that Irene will be even weaker as it travels up the coast. Please be safe everyone.
  • msbeavert
    Options
    We're getting pounded here in South Jersey and the storm isn't expected to actually hit for another four hours or so. Power has gone out all around us, so I'm sure ours will be out soon too. :( We got all our supplies and tied everything down we could this morning. Now we just wait.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Here in NC, had strong winds and rain, limbs and branches down. Our mall's roof collapsed, but thankfully no one was hurt. Irene has left our building, and left a few fatalities, power outages and some damage. Prayers for all of you to weather the storm, stay safe and be careful.
  • nabooth
    nabooth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here in Central NC we were lucky, just a few downed trees...our neighbors to the east on our beautiful coast were not so lucky...I just hope and pray that as she moves north, that Irene plays nice...please be safe everyone...this is no joke!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad it's not snow.
    Oh man. Good thing we don't get snowy hurricanes! On the other hand, snow shoveling is a good workout... :wink:

I'm just hoping the wind won't do too much damage. Wind knocking heavy tree branches down can do serious damage to cars and houses. Also, hopefully power outtage will either be nonexistent or brief!

EDIT: I'm at the northern tip of NJ.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm is southern Ocean County on the Jersey Shore, just 2 miles inland. It's 9PM, and crazy outside. It's 40MPH sustained winds and gusting to 70, and Irene isn't "officially" here until 6AM. The rain is coming in bands and alternates between a regular rain and sideways monsoon. I've never been in a storm like this in my life. I'll be happy when it's over.

Just got a tornado warning for the next 10 minutes. Heading to the bathroom with the cats now.
  • delmeg10
    delmeg10 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We're getting hammered right now in Maryland. The winds are sustained at 40 mph and the gusts are up to 70, and I'm in a mobile home. I had to put a movie in for my son in his room because he was screaming so hard. The winds are hitting the back end of the house like a brick and his room is the last room in the house. So, I put Thomas the Tank on and upped the volume so he wouldn't hear the winds. He's fine now. Now I'm going to put the TV onto the news and go to sleep myself. I hope everyone affected by Irene stays safe. Those from the Northeast (north of MD), keep us posted on the storm tomorrow.

My mom and sister already went through it in NC. The tree in the front of my sister's house fell down and missed her house by 2 feet, power was out for about two hours with really heavy winds. I'm just glad they're all safe.

Keep us posted, and stay safe! :-)