Programs/Books For Weight Loss?

I am 331 pounds currently, and have lost 11 pounds in three weeks. Last week, however, I hit a plateau, losing only one pound despite staying under my calories goal and exercising an average of 90 minutes per day at moderate intensity. I’m starting to think that merely counting calories and staying away from processed foods is not enough. I need to be better educated on which foods are holding me back, and which are helping. Problem is, I can’t afford a dietician, and my insurance won’t cover it. If you know of any free programs or relatively cheap books on the subject that would help me maximize my fat loss, that would be really appreciated.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I tend to hit plateaus every 10 lbs or so. Yes, it's frustrating but I know it's just a temporary thing.

I would just advise patience. I know you're dedicated. Personally, I don't think you need to make any changes. <3
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    As @kimny72 said, it's about your expectations and patience, not your rate of loss. You are not going to lose the weight overnight. Water weight also fluctuates which will slow the scales some weeks. Counting calories is really all you need to do. You don't even need to cut process foods if you don't want to, although if you find it beneficial you certainly can.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited July 2019
    You are still losing, so that’s not a plateau.
    This site is such a great source for information. I can’t imagine any book that would be more useful. Adapt to your personal needs and goals. There will be successes and failures. Tailor what works for you. Everyone is different.
  • JordanS9592
    JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
    Thanks for the help you guys
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    Body for Life by Bill Phillips. After 20 years....the info is spot on. It even has photos for the exercises and gym equipment.