July Challenge: Maintainers Back on Track Thread

2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    @laurenhugs23 well done on the giving up smoking and all the very best for that and also getting back to calorie deficit to sort that weight creep.
  • Nijntjepleintje
    Nijntjepleintje Posts: 17 Member
    Name: Nijntje
    How long in maintenance: around 1 year
    Goal maintenance range: 112-118
    Trendweight 21st July: 121.3
    Trendweight 28th July: 121.7
    Current goal: 116
    Recent successes: none - hanging on desperately. Realized that one year ago I was sitting in my goal weight range - and still successfully losing - I don’t know where my head currently is but struggling to keep it in the game. I’m having some success with really thinking about what I’m eating - have managed to not mindlessly eat extra slices of brownie last night (actually, that indeed is a success!), but tbh could have easily done with not even having the first slice! Strategies for success: Downloaded a mindfulness app to see if this helps me focus more on my eating habits - just have to remember to use it.
    I am not going to give up.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,153 Member
    How long in maintenance: Since July 2018 -- but with some fluctuation outside of goal range.
    Goal maintenance range: 142 - 148 (and not sure that's the right answer)
    Current weight: 145.2 (7-day average)
    Current goal: Get back to original goal of 143
    Recent success: This is really starting to look like maintenance. I just noticed it's been pretty much a full year that I've considered myself in maintenance, but I did have a few times I went up more than I want. Currently I am right at my ~revised~ goal weight and smack in the middle of my ~revised~ maintenance range. I'm actually even smack in the middle of my ORIGINAL maintenance range. I would still like to get back to my original goal. It's just a couple pounds lower, but those two pounds have proven difficult. I'm not beating myself up about it, and I'm fine with the revised goals because they make it easier for me to feel successful where I am.

Bottom line: My weight trends suggest I am still maintaining even if it's just a little heavier than I would prefer.

0o7avt1w61yg.png

• PegMoffat
    PegMoffat Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2019
    How long in maintenance: Since December 2014 but the past year I’ve been 3-6 pounds over my goal
    Goal Maintenace Range: 155-160 lb
    Current Weight: 158.4 lb
    Current Goal: to stay under 160 lb
    Recent Success: I’ve stayed under 160 for 2 weeks in a row
    Strategy: Three months ago I downloaded a hypnosis app that focuses on weight loss. I use it 3 or 4 times a week. It has helped me to remind myself that I don’t need more than a small portion of fruit and cup of tea for my afternoon snack. I have been able to skip the crackers with peanut butter or cheese. Being mindful of the small extras I have been snacking on, I think, has helped get me back on track