Am I missing something?

Options
rompydompy
rompydompy Posts: 54 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been diligently tracking, measuring, and absolutely NOT cheating at 1760 Cal's or less a day for two weeks (5'9", 34/F 223#). I started the first week with a dramatic six lb loss. Now nearing the end of week two, this morning the scale said I've gained 3.2 lbs. I k ow natural fluctuations will occur, but this has got me downright frustrated. I exercise 4x a week, and am on day two of rest. It's too early in this journey to be getting discouraged; is this normal, or am I missing something?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    It's natural. But you already knew that. 😉
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    Yep. That happened to me too.

Stay the course. One day at a time.
  • Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I tend to only lose scale weight every other week because of normal fluctuation. Don't stop now, Get 3 weeks!
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Take other measurements to understand success too...use a tape measure and also take photos each week in the same outfit to see how the fit changes.

It’s important to keep you motivated for those moments when the scale goes up and your other measurements are down or more toned.

Now that I’m working on toning more often, I’m seeing my weight increase...but my measurements and body don’t appear that way.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I couldn't say it better than @NovusDies did, excellent reply!
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    try tailor tape, measure you progress. Its substantial. After month i see some big progress while the weight is pretty much just 3lbs down. Ya can add it beside the weight.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    The weight you lost the first week was mostly water. Fat loss is slower. When I was eating low carb, I would have a big drop in water weight, several weeks steady or up and down, then another big drop. It's frustrating when you don't seem to be making progress, but if you truly are eating the calories you think you are eating, then weight loss will happen. As others said, measure yourself and take pictures and you'll have a better gauge of your progress.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Nice to know I'm not alone. I've been doing really well and those fluctuations are frustrating. We got this!