Workout Videos that don't use equipment

mmstgr
mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
Do any of you know of any workout videos that don't require equipment?
I just can't afford to but any blocks, stretch bands. etc at the moment.
(I do have dumbells though)

Replies

• Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    30 DS only uses dum bells.

I have a dance work out dvd that doesnt use any equipment
  • kasrentz
    kasrentz Posts: 16 Member
    Zumba
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    I'd say try Jillian Michaels DVDs, 30 day shred and ripped in 30 only use dumbells I think.
    Taebo is also good as mostly the taebo videos don't use anything and if they do there's usually a modified version for people who don't have the equipment.
    I'd say try Zumba to because mostly that uses your body, i know they have those stick things but I've never used them.

If you're up for a challenge , I'd say have a go at insanity, it's mental but a really good workout. It's plyometrics so its just using your own body to change the way you look. I want to finish it when i'm a bit more physically fitter.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Pilates, yoga, you can just use a towel, really. Not all use blocks and such and really the blocks are just to make a position easier, you can use books or something.
    Dancing is always a good one!
  • scraig77
    scraig77 Posts: 14
    I love Tae bo...there are a couple that have resistance bands, but I do them w/out since I don't have any and still get a great workout
  • Check out gsprushfit.com. This is the workout that I'm doing right now.
  • delmeg10
    delmeg10 Posts: 92 Member
    I know 30 Day Shred only uses hand weights, Tae-Bo doesn't require anything (and kicks your butt, Lol...), and yoga and pilates are pretty good workouts without equipment. In fact, I don't even have hand weights. I use canned asparagus for 30 Day Shred, Lol...
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Insanity.

No equipment, just your body.

Best work out I have ever done, by far.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Insanity.

No equipment, just your body.

Best work out I have ever done, by far.

^ :)
  • Insanity, I love it!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Turbo Fire comes with the bands you need (if you buy it from Beach Body, if you don't your copy is most likely illegal anyway).
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    I have found many workouts on youtube... search "workouts", I'm very happy with them, and sweaty
  • I don't know if they have Cox cable in your area, but Freezone on On Demand has lots of workouts that require no equipment. Depending on your budget, Beachbody also has some workouts that require no equipment, or if you order the series, it comes w/ the equipment you need so you don't have to purchase separately. Also Jeannette Jenkins has workouts that require at most light dumbells.....
  • I don't know if they have Cox cable in your area, but Freezone on On Demand has lots of workouts that require no equipment.

Ditto- our local cable company (Armstrong) also offers many On Demand videos.

I really like Leslie Sansone's walking videos. The only thing you need is your feet - shoes are good too.

I'm frugal: I've used soup cans- 16 oz cans= 1 lb.
    Adding weights to the workout just increases the burn.

I now use 2-20 oz. water bottles w/ insulated holders when I walk the nature trails.
  • The biggest loser cardio max,you can add dumbell weights if you want but do not have to. It is a good but kicking work out!
    :smile: