Countdown to PROM!

Options
Right now I currently weigh 203lbs. My ultimate goal is to be between 140/145lbs before my prom next May. Is this possible? I feel like it is a lot of weight to lose in a span of 8 months, but has this been possible for any of you? If so, what kind of exercise/meal plans do you suggest? So far, I've lost about 10lbs, but it has been about 2/3months, since I've starting trying to lose weight. If not, what kind of goal do you think would be achievable?

I just think that prom is a once in a lifetime experience and I want to look healthy and amazing and hopefully have a date! :)

Any suggestions would be amazing!

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I definitely think it's feasible if you work really hard and stay focused. Ahhh prom. What a night :)

If you want to, add me. I also have an awesome support group where everyone is super fabulous!

You can do this girl!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    If you are really committed and stick to eating right and working out, I am sure it is achievable...still 9 months away.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm 201 and my goal is to be 145-150 by February. I've lost 403 lbs since April 1st, so I don't think it's impossible at all.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40lbs in 4 months, with 20-25 more to go. 60lbs in 8 months is doable!

As far as exercuse/food goes, I think the tried and true approach is the best for most of us: cardio, weight training, calorie counting and macro management. Also, less processed foods (e.g. fast food, food with preservatives, etc).
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I'm 201 and my goal is to be 145-150 by February. I've lost 403 lbs since April 1st, so I don't think it's impossible at all.

403?! What's YOUR secret? :) Just playin', I'm sure it's a typo.. I hope.
  • Caitie1986
    Caitie1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That shouldn't be too hard to do in 8 months! I try (when I can) to stick to less than 500 cals per meal, that gives me about 1500/day. You should also find an exercise that you really, REALLY like to do. My husband and i ride are bikes nearly everyday since we bought them. Some people get a rush from jogging. Other people like the feeling of accomplishment from completing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Be dedicated and Be diligent. I've lost 21 pounds since May. You can do it to!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Also, I hope you'll continue eating healthy and exercising even after your prom! Life is full of exciting things, and you want to be fit and ready for ALL of them, not just the prom. :smile:
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I will say that it's possible but not 100% likely. I started at 242 last August 8th and have lost 74lbs so far (averages out to 1.3lbs a week) there were weeks at the beginning where I lost 4-6lbs at a time. I have not had a plateau and I have have VERY VERY VERY VERY few cheat meals (not even whole days just a meal here or there). Early things are fairly easy if you stick to the calories and eat back some of your exercise calories. As you get closer to your goal the weight comes off much slower.

It's a great goal to have and I REALLY hope you make it <3 but I also don't want you to give up IF for some reason you don't hit it. The difference will still be amazing and you'll be so proud of yourself for how far you got. This is a life long fitness goal so it will hopefully continue long past prom.

You can do this!!!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 40 since March--Just make sure you are doing this in a safe & healthy manner--I think you can do it. Good Luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jan169
    jan169 Posts: 38
    Options
    I will definitely continue!! I'm so determined to stay fit for the rest of my life. This just happens to be one of my short term goals! (: I will also be leaving for university next fall and I want to look and feel healthy throughout my college experience as well (:
  • ajfranzen77
    Options
    You can do it!!! Cut down on pop and if you truly want to hit that goal.....cut out the fast food!( if you eat it) Take a walk every day, doesn't have to be a brisk walk, just keep moving. I also do not eat the calories I earn from working out, but that's me.

You have to want it more than anything else. Don't deprive yourself but don't over do it either. Everything in moderation, oh ya and log everything you eat, weigh everything you put on your plate. And last tell yourself everyday that you can do this and that you are closer to your goal today than you were yesterday!!!!

Good Luck!!!! I know you can do this!!!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options

403?! What's YOUR secret? :) Just playin', I'm sure it's a typo.. I hope.

I saw this and was like WOAH! but then did a double take to see if i missed a decimal point or something. that would be crazy!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wish I had been as dedicated and commited to looking and feeling better for prom.. it's one regret I have, so good for you to be taking a proactive stance now. I would say that the most important thing you can do is to make sure you use people who want to support you. You can definitly do this and you are going to look AMAZING at prom!!!!!
  • crestchick82
    Options
    As you know me and you have veryy similar goals. Well first off I think your goal is very achievable if you stick with it ( the only reason it took me a month and a half to lose 10lbs is because I started over eating again for a couple of weeks (it really only took me about two weeks)) the way I do it is I let myself eat what I want in portions as long as I keep seein results. If I didn't do that I'd go right back to same old me. Second off is I workout when I can between school and bein an athletic trainer I don't have much time but when I'm training at practice I walk as much as possible and same with at school and i do weight training when I get home. It's not much but I'm seein results. You just need to figure out what clmbination gives you the best results oh and btw eat...a lot when i first started i didnt eat all my calories but now i eat almost all of them and it seems to be workin better same thing goes with water. Anyways good luck hopefully we both will be lookin slim and sexy at our proms :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in 8 months so I think it could be possible if you really stick to it! but just be safe about it!