120 pounds to lose

Options
120 pounds. A whole skinny person to lose. Food has always been my arch nemesis. I have lost and gained back the same 70 pounds for years. Now I just turned 44 and ended an 19 year relationship with a horrible narcissist. We had three beautiful daughters together. They are the only thing productive I did in those 19 years. My self esteem is less than nothing because I started to believe everything he said about me. Not really interested in a relationship it I am interested in finding myself again. I want to feel good about myself again.

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Best wishes in your new journey. You got this!
  • Jenanne31
    Jenanne31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie! Welcome, glad you found your way here!
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You'll find lots of support here!
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good for you to get out of that. This is your time now! You've got this.
    Feel free to send a friend request :)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.
  • oharras
    oharras Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Been there, done that and it is now behind you. Just remember, a narcissist does what they do because of their own insecurities! You now have a new, wonderful life coming your way...it is up to you, stand tall, take off that weight and you will see how your physical and mental health improves. Go for a walk, smell the air, feel better! It only gets better and best of luck and well being to you on your new life journey!
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    You got this. I started my loss at 40 years of age and with 145 pounds to lose. It's not always easy but it's always simple. I'll be 45 in a few months and i've maintained my loss for over three years. Don't let it overwhelm you. Don't think about the 70 pounds you've gained and lost - none of that matters now. What matters is moving forward.

Remember, you don't have 120 pounds to lose - you just have to lose one pound 120 times.

Losing weight and keeping it off is all about making choices. None of us chose to be fat but our choices made us fat, our choices kept us fat, until we chose to do something about it. One day at a time, one pound at a time, one choice at a time. Not all your choices will be perfect, and that's ok, just make the next one a good one. Eventually, those good choices become a habit. Celebrate every pound - you worked hard for it. Celebrate every success - you've earned it.
  • erikabecht
    erikabecht Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started over 300lbs with absolutely no self esteem. Learning how to actually love myself through this has been key. I understand how you feel so much! You got this!