Anyone find true love and a partner after 30 or a long period of singledom?

Options
SaraJ429
SaraJ429 Posts: 50 Member
Any ladies find true love and a partner after 30 or a long period of singledom? I’m 30 and haven't had a serious boyfriend in 2 years.

My love life has been pretty rocky. My college love/soulmate unexpectedly passed away when I was 23 after 4 years together. A few months after he died, I fell in love again. What started out as a fairy tale turned into a 5 year long roller coaster of physical and emotional abuse that finally ended in July 2017 after we moved in and got engaged. I started another relationship with a very decent man in late 2017 that ended very amicably this past fall.

I am mostly just concentrating on living my best life and having fun. I’ve started dating again and am getting discouraged that I’m 30 and haven’t yet found the right guy. I recognize I have time and don’t need a man to be happy but I would eventually like to find someone. Plenty of my friends are still single but it is hard watching so many people around me be in happy, healthy relationships. I am overall pretty relaxed about my single-ness but I'd like it to happen soon than later.

Anyone been in a similar boat? How did it work out for you?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for the loss you suffered. ❤

I didn’t meet the love of my life til my mid-40's. We met on an online dating site. It was love at first sight by the time we arranged our first date.

We were together for 15 years before I lost him to ALS a year ago. He was my soul mate, my best friend, my lover. We were the couple everybody wanted to be. He was the best human being I've ever met and I've never known a love like that.

Even knowing that the last 3 years of our time together would be full of tears, anguish and heartache and that I would lose him, I'd do it all over again.

There's someone good out there for you.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I hope to when I am ready!
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Close? I met my s/o when I was 29. September will be our 3 year anniversary. We live together now, after having met online as friends in a nonsense Facebook group. He was one of the friends that was there for me after a Marine broke my heart from 2,000 miles away, ending our engagement by literally ignoring me and my existence for WEEKS. When it was clear my s/o and I were done and I was not interested in going back, Mike swooped in and flirted. I told him to make a move, and even though we were 300+ miles away for the first 18 months of our relationship, it was perfect. It was like, OH, this is how it's supposed to be, you know? I got to spend my 30th birthday with him and my family and I moved to be with him about a year later. He's my best friend and there's no drama, no second-guessing, no hidden motives. It's just, GOOD. And it was worth waiting for. That stupid Bless the Broken Road song by Rascal Flatts song comes to mind.

Trust the journey, even if it breaks/has broken your heart in places. It's so worth it.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    And for what it is worth, if he had answered this instead of me, he would have told you yes, he found it after 30. He was 37 when we met.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    my friend has single for decades and just proposed to his gf.
    there is always time. don't rush. just keep making yourself the best version of you
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    My grandma re-married at 88. I think it gives hope that love can be found at any age.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I was single for 15 years, after ending an emotionally and mentally abusive relationship. I dated a little at a distance, but mostly concentrated on healing and raising my kids.
    When I turned 40, I met a colleague's son, who was considerably younger than me. We've been together about 4 years now, and I've never been happier.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I got divorced at 36, I thought my life was over nobody would want to date a fat 30 something with 2 kids. But then I rediscovered the dating scene, had a 4yr relationship, realised he wasn't really right for me then met my 2nd husband at 45 and married him at 46.
    You're never too old so don't worry too much about that, and don't rush into anything because you feel you should.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    My grandma re-married at 88. I think it gives hope that love can be found at any age.

Awww, how lovely!
  • aziz_n1
    aziz_n1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Currently still in the recovery stage after a painful & cruel heartbreak by my ex-wife. Loneliness still kicks in at times but m starting to get my Mojo back. Thought I had found someone, life was on a real high emotionally but then it all came crashing down.
    Wish everyone the best of luck finding someone.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Just starting to hit the dating online dating scene after a divorce in 2015. Met someone who seemed great, only to be ignored and dropped after 2 months of dating. Oh well. Feeling a bit jaded about it all, but still trying.

I know it happens, my sister-in-law found love with my brother while in her 30s.
    Whether it will happen for me? That's another question.....
    Only thing you can really do is be yourself and don't be afraid to go out and meet new people. :)