Whelp... back at it again

Options
I had pretty much hit my goal weight 2 years ago (less than a stone away from it) and then I had a bad month where I had to eat out pretty much every other day and all motivation died.
So here I am now with 64lbs to lose. Fun times all round.

I just started my diet last Monday but I don't count the first week in diets because as we all know the 8lbs you drop is all lies.

I know its only been a week, but my problem isnt lack of motivation. Its too much motivation.
I can't stop thinking about my diet and my weight and making sure im on track to lose it.
I pass a mirror and I have to look at my body. I lay in bed at have my touch my body to feel where the fat is.

I suppose its a somewhat natural reaction to having put off weighing myself for a year because I thought I was fine. Until I realised I spent £500 in a month on takeaway and alcohol.

I'm not sure what I'm overly looking for by writing this but it does feel good to type it out so there is that.

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I will probably have to weigh and log forever. If I don't it creeps back up.
    You can still eat out.. even all the time, you just have to pick the low cal options.
  • karenwinpa61
    karenwinpa61 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back again :/ I do well and then fall off the wagon, yes I'm a food addict! But I must say as long as I stopped dieting I have stayed that weight and not gained so that is a good thing👍 . Now is the time to get serious again, my sugar had been up
    more recently than in the normal range and insulin scares the 💩 out of me....so please keep on my tail of you see me slack off with my food journal
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Unlike you, I weighed myself regularly all the way up to 285 lbs. I don’t know why, but that number was it. Maybe because 300 lbs seemed in easy reach.

But somehow between stepping on the scale that day and the next morning, I changed the most important thing- my mind. In about 10 days my routines did a 180 degree turn. It felt weird. I felt like a stranger living my own life.

Try to look for things to do to move your program forward. Keep your food diary, plan menus, research meals you might want to try and crunch the numbers. When all else fails go for a walk. Establish a sound program, do the steps and your body will follow. Try to keep an attitude of experimentation. Never quit.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I got some very insightful advice to my own post yesterday, here's a link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10756858/does-this-plan-make-sense/p1?new=1

I'm still processing and internalizing all the insights, but I definitely agree with these wise people that this is not a diet, this is not a project, this is how you will live for the rest of your life. It will not be perfect, and it will include other things than your weight loss. I especially loved the commenter who pointed out that I'm essentially learning to eat at what will be my maintenance level at my goal weight.
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Add me if you need some support. I'm back again after 2 years away.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,297 Member
    Options
    Stared again 40+ days ago so far so good, last time I gave up after a month so determined this time.
    Add me if you want logging has helped me.