Are there friends out there;-)

Options
Hi,
I'm Bonnie and I've been here several times, managed to lose 20 pounds than gave into temptation. Having lost weight I know that I am capable of doing so. The difference this time, I would like to utilize my new friends for accountability. I am looking for friends where we get to know one another, via PM's, learn how each other tick, this way we may be able to truly, help each other and find our triggers are, there is usually more than one.

For the time being, I am keeping my diary private this will change in the near future.

Now for my stats, I am.... 55.... I am 5'4, I weigh 240..Also, this time around I am take my measurements. I like to take 10 pounds at a time, so weight loss doesn't see so dauting. Right now my goal is to reach 200... After that, we talk;-)))
I have a 16 year old soon to be 17.
I walk, not as much as I should, but I walk, my walking partner is currently down, I must learn to walk by myself..

Thank you for reading.

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm up for giving it a try, but, just know that I have a very long track record of doing well, then falling off the wagon. Trying to change that this time around but, we'll see...
  • Johnk942
    Johnk942 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie, you keep trying! That's amazing! I am 57 and finally trying to get it all off once and for all.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Way to keep trying!! You’ve got this. You can do it 😊
  • redhd_n_nc
    redhd_n_nc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Baby steps! Take it one day at a time. You got this!
  • KellieSN
    KellieSN Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm kellie from the UK. Have recently become a first time mum at 34, and want to lose the weight I gained in pregnancy and a bit more, 59lbs in total, ready for when I have a toddler to run around after. Feel free to add me!!
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie! Feel free to send a friend request. Once I figure out how to, I’ll send one your way. 😁
  • shale401
    shale401 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie, I have used my FP several times before also. I purchased the Premium app this time. I think talking with people will really help me change my eating & wine drinking habits. I am a 57 year old Grandma to 7 kiddos under the age of 7. LOL I want to lose about 15-20 lbs. I am 5' 1" and weigh 155 ( I have never put my weight on a public forum before). I just entered my breakfast in my journal.. I met with a Registered Dietitian who gave me a simple plan using a meal builder. I can't think of anything harder than losing weight.
  • nholton8
    nholton8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie,
    Similar situation. I lost 50 pounds in 2010 and was so happy and proud of my accomplishment, mainly due to the amazing health benefits. But I slipped back into old eating habits and 9 years later find myself with 30 of those pounds back on and trying to lose at least 15 of those. I have been eating healthier since January and dropped 32 points off of my cholesterol since then! For that I am grateful, but the pounds haven't really shifted. Now that I have accomplished that goal, I am more motivated to do what is necessary to drop the weight, which for me is documenting every morsel of food I put into my system and having friend to be held accountable too.
  • brandeka
    brandeka Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie. My name is Kathy and I have been on MFP for over four years now at the recommendation of my doctor. It wasn’t until got some friends and I started to interact with them that I had any success. I am a very slow loser due to a low anaerobic threshold and do e breathing problems, but I am determined to reach my goal. I have lost about 50 lbs so far and have another 30-40 to get to my goal. If you would like to be friends, send me a request. Just so you know, I am very supportive and encouraging with my friends and expect the same from them. I feel that being interactive is an important part of this journey.
  • Captain_Fitness__
    Captain_Fitness__ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You’ve got this, Bonnie! 💯💪🙌
  • Captain_Fitness__
    Captain_Fitness__ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    brandeka wrote: »
    Hi Bonnie. My name is Kathy and I have been on MFP for over four years now at the recommendation of my doctor. It wasn’t until got some friends and I started to interact with them that I had any success. I am a very slow loser due to a low anaerobic threshold and do e breathing problems, but I am determined to reach my goal. I have lost about 50 lbs so far and have another 30-40 to get to my goal. If you would like to be friends, send me a request. Just so you know, I am very supportive and encouraging with my friends and expect the same from them. I feel that being interactive is an important part of this journey.

Kathy is an A!+ mfp! :))
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • brandeka
    edited July 2019
    Options
    brandeka wrote: »

Kathy is an A!+ mfp! :))

Thanks C! I feel the same about you! 👍
  • brandeka
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Bonnie and I've been here several times, managed to lose 20 pounds than gave into temptation. Having lost weight I know that I am capable of doing so. The difference this time, I would like to utilize my new friends for accountability. I am looking for friends where we get to know one another, via PM's, learn how each other tick, this way we may be able to truly, help each other and find our triggers are, there is usually more than one.

For the time being, I am keeping my diary private this will change in the near future.

Now for my stats, I am.... 55.... I am 5'4, I weigh 240..Also, this time around I am take my measurements. I like to take 10 pounds at a time, so weight loss doesn't see so dauting. Right now my goal is to reach 200... After that, we talk;-)))
    I have a 16 year old soon to be 17.
    I walk, not as much as I should, but I walk, my walking partner is currently down, I must learn to walk by myself..

Thank you for reading.

You can definitely do this! Good luck.
  • KateJam50
    KateJam50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll send you a friend request (I think I can figure out how-lol!) I'm in my 40's, all my kids are grown and gone, w/a couple of grandkids. Currently at 208lbs and 5'4" tall. I have a few health issues that make working out challenging, but figure slow and steady is how I put on the weight....so that's probably how it will come off. :-)