Need a little help

Options
i have been trying to lose weight for a while and can't seem to get the pounds off. I walk, go to the gym and do some work out videos; I have now cut down my calorie in take for a week and a half still not seeing results. I am 27 years old, 5"2 and a at home mom; the most excitement I see is at church lol. I can use a little help here!

Replies

• channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It's really all about staying under your calorie allowance. The less you eat the more you'll drop but don't overdo it.
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    You just have to stick with it!!! Eat as healthy as you can, eat the right amount of calories MFP gives you, keep exercising and eat back your exercise calories. It might take some time but you will see results!!!!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough and drink lots of water!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    How many calories have you cut out? How often do you eat? Too few calories can be as bad as too many sometimes. Have you had your thyroid checked out? If you need a friend let me know.
  • alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    Have you tried not eating sugars and substitue it with pastas and only drink water all day thats what i do and i have lost weight maybe this could be helpful for you
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Definitely make sure you're eating enough. I was losing very little until I upped my daily calorie intake by 200 extra a day, now I seem to be having much better weekly losses. Stick with it, it'll start coming off in the end!!
  • Anyanut
    Anyanut Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    try the 17 day diet. It's super healthy for you and you see results right away! It's a good kick off for you and you can always adjust once you get the hang of it.
  • mtnyr
    mtnyr Posts: 9
    Options
    Hang in there!you may also want to assess the types of foods you are eating. You can change your settings so 30% is protein, 20% is fat and50% are carbs. if you stay within those ranges, log all the food you eat and exercise the pounds should come off. Good luck!
  • DesireeBoils
    Options
    Just hang in there, sometimes it may take a while for your body to realize your loosing the weight, my husband can eat more than me and loose more weight than I can sometimes, then after I'm on a diet for a while all of a sudden my body gets it and drops weight really fast.
  • banjobaby
    banjobaby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    welcome! (i'm in milwaukee too!) your ticker says you have 23 lbs to lose. it seems that it's harder to lose weight when you are closer to your goal. you could be overestimating what calories you are burning when you work out. or you could be underestimating the calories you are consuming. you should make your food diary public so we can get a better idea as to what's going on.

my advice is to try and eat as many whole, natural foods as you can, work out, and drink plenty of water :)
  • Tudibaby
    Tudibaby Posts: 11
    Options
    Didn't know I needed to eat the calories I buried off back! I just really been logging my foods and exercise!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat the calories back the you burn with exercise, but you might want to try that to see if it makes a difference. At your age, it's probably a matter of finding the right balance between food and exercise and types of food, too. Hang in there! btw - what a beautiful baby! :smile: Another idea… try a "cheat" or "spike" day where you eat "extra" calories. Some people choose a day and eat anything they want. I don't get that crazy. I usually just eat more of the good stuff… but I allow myself some leeway. I ate strip steak (trimmed all the fat off, petite 5 oz cut) tonight! The idea is to keep your body from going into "starvation" mode by continually "denying" it the calories it's been used to having.

Good Luck!! Friend me, if you'd like. In any case, definitely let us know what you changed and how it went. I'm expecting to hit a plateau anytime now and could use mutual encouragement. :)