Share a food related victory?

Options
MelanieCN77
MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
Did you say no to office cake? Ignore the bagels in the morning meeting? Perhaps you made a substitution in your diet that is working for you and want to tell us about it? Did you exercise some iron will and floss and brush and call it a night instead of diving into the ice cream when you were out of cals for the day? Maybe there's a new dish that just nails your macros and you can't stop eating right now? I want to hear about it!

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Did you say no to office cake? Ignore the bagels in the morning meeting? Perhaps you made a substitution in your diet that is working for you and want to tell us about it? Did you exercise some iron will and floss and brush and call it a night instead of diving into the ice cream when you were out of cals for the day? Maybe there's a new dish that just nails your macros and you can't stop eating right now? I want to hear about it!

I have not a bagel in 3 years... is that a victory? Lol much love hun.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for a competitive eating thread... No way I'm taking on Kobayashi or Chestnut though.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to gumdrops when I started here. Ate them every night. I replaced them with grapes and then within a few weeks, I stopped having a night time snack altogether. Now, I pass the candy aisle at the store and don't even consider going down it. 😀
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »

I have not a bagel in 3 years... is that a victory? Lol much love hun.
    mammacoty wrote: »
    I served up delivery pizza for 30 people at work last night, then brought home a full pizza for my family... And resisted all temptations to have some!

Depriving yourself of food. Is that really a success?

It varies. Some people have trigger foods they just can't moderate. I'm like that with Doritos. I miss them, but I will eat the whole bag so it's easier to just say, none ever.

On a non deprivation related note, my success is that I ate cheesecake for dessert last night and was still under my calories for the day. I'm getting a lot better about reasonable portions and making room for what I love.

Also I bought bacon seasoning, it's vegan and makes my green beans taste amazing. Much easier to eat veggies now.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My food related victory is that I can eat what I want and maintain or lose weight. I promise I'm not being a wise guy...even though I was never obese, I was headed that way because I simply would not refuse a second or 3rd, sometimes 4th helping. Having the freedom that comes from a better relationship with my appetite is nice.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Sorry it wasn't the OP talking about pizza but I didn't notice until it was too late to edit.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    I've recently have gotten really into the art of fermentation and have been experimenting with making sauerkraut and kimchi... not sure my roommates love it. :D
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Started a “Sugar-Free” summer on June 1. It ends in two days. I’ve passed on donuts, graduation cake, birthday cake, countless bits of candy, ice cream, tubs of caramel corn....As of last Friday, it was the easiest 10 pounds I’ve dropped.

I’m a bit hesitant about claiming the second 5 pounds as that was pretty recent but time will tell.
  • parveensamplay
    parveensamplay Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Never eating fruit before - now my team at office buy a range of fruit weekly to share and I thoroughly enjoy eating it daily. At a party over the weekend I went for the fruit not the cheese rolls. Never would I do this before. Don’t reach for the crisps or chocs and more. (Well maybe the very very odd choc). I had chocolate daily.

Also love the range of colours and tastes from all the fresh fruit and veg I eat now. Makes the food plate look good ! Sometimes I look back and think what the hell was I doing feeding myself processed junk! Taste buds have just changed. HOPE IT CONTINUES!!
  • Wallelf56
    Wallelf56 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hubs wanted burgers, but I opted for a grilled portabella for myself. Tbh, I like it just as well, with the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, etc.