Anyone else feel a lack of hunger/ cravings since quitting high (added) sugar foods?

Anyone else feel a lack of hunger/ cravings since quitting high (added) sugar foods?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    Yes, upping protein, fruit, exercise, and sleep does wonders for reducing cravings for me.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Within two weeks of eating pescatarian, my cravings were gone.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Yes. When I reduce my sugar/carb intake I don’t get cravings.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    My appetite died after stopping sugar abruptly. Unfortunately it came back about 2 1/2 weeks later, but it was bliss while it lasted.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    The longer I go without added sugar, the more off putting sugar is. If I buy chocolate it has to be really good quality, and I can keep it at work and just eat one square a day.
  • SarahBa89
    SarahBa89 Posts: 11 Member
    The longer I go without added sugar, the more off putting sugar is. If I buy chocolate it has to be really good quality, and I can keep it at work and just eat one square a day.

The 90% - 100% chocolate is the best for me. :)
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    when I cut sugar I get really crabby and mean for like a week. I still do it but try to take a moment before I let something at work or home rile me up lol. It's still difficult for me to resist sweets.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Not for me.

It doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat. It doesn't matter how much or how little I eat. Hungry is my normal state unless I have eaten in the past 1- 1.5 hours.

The only way I have ever been able to lose weight or maintain weight loss is to live the mantra "embrace the hunger".

I am glad this isn't true for everyone!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Not at all for me. The opposite is true for me. The less 'added' sugar I eat, the more I want it. I've found balance with allowing myself sweets in moderation.
  • hollysawyer12000
    hollysawyer12000 Posts: 1 Member
    boldknee wrote: »
    Not for me.

It doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat. It doesn't matter how much or how little I eat. Hungry is my normal state unless I have eaten in the past 1- 1.5 hours.

The only way I have ever been able to lose weight or maintain weight loss is to live the mantra "embrace the hunger".

I am glad this isn't true for everyone!

It's true for me. The only way I can lose weight is to "stay hungry"