Well, here I am again.

This last year i have circled around and ended up at the heaviest weight I have ever been. I am embarssed to say that I am 240lbs. A comfortable weight for me.is about 170. I went rafting this weekend and the pictures are what snapped me out of my stupor. I am ready to turn this ship around and live a healthy abundant life....for good. Any support or camaraderie so very welcome...thank you!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Welcome back. :flowerforyou:
  • chrisyb71
    chrisyb71 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm back again as well. I logged and saw I started with this app 2011-used it on and off for 8 years --today at my heaviest and closing in at 50 yrs of age. (actually 48-but what's the difference). I've had two surgeries since 2011 related to my back and being at this weight DOES NOT HELP. I was told to exercise 5X a week by my MD! Is he kidding? Right now, just trying to lose a few before I can even start an exercise routine. So right there with you -here I am again....
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    You got this! Start with making small changes.

@chrisyb71 the weight definitely doesn't help. I got my biggest after a double fusion when bedridden for a year waiting for my back to fuse so I could get the hardware removed. It's been years since my surgery and I just started working out doing low impact exercises, strength training, and my stretches/exercises from PT. I'm down 90lbs with 10 more to go. I'm happy with the outside, but the health benefits and being able to move better are my most important gains.
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    I’m in the same boat. Currently weigh 217 and my comfortable weight is about 160-170. This is my first week back and I’m more driven than ever! You got this girl!!!
  • Hey_Dana
    Hey_Dana Posts: 9 Member
    It's never too late to pick up your needle and move to a different groove. (And yep, I'm giving away my age by that statement!) As long as you keep coming back, you're still in the game!
  • tcpowell1222
    tcpowell1222 Posts: 2 Member
    I feel ya! I too circled around this past year from a lower weight, on track, to now at my heaviest. A recent pic my sweet husband posted to FB gave me a reality check. Let's do this.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    I feel ya. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and determined to make a change. I'm 48 yrs old and need to lose 40 lbs. It's not a good look on this 5'1" frame, not to mention being bad for my health. Friend me if you want and we can encourage each other.
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    chrisyb71 wrote: »
    I'm back again as well. I logged and saw I started with this app 2011-used it on and off for 8 years --today at my heaviest and closing in at 50 yrs of age. (actually 48-but what's the difference). I've had two surgeries since 2011 related to my back and being at this weight DOES NOT HELP. I was told to exercise 5X a week by my MD! Is he kidding? Right now, just trying to lose a few before I can even start an exercise routine. So right there with you -here I am again....

If you are able, maybe see a physical therapist or a personal trainer to give you some exercises that are zero impact and can work around your limits to facilitate your journey back to health. Just a thought. Good luck!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    pictures are the best motivator and they are honest. I looked at my before picture every day..sometimes more to keep me on track. It really worked the entire time I was reducing. Good luck to you ..you are going to do great!
  • benn8895
    benn8895 Posts: 29 Member
    I've been my heaviest for a few years now. I really started putting in the effort in march of this year and have lost 30 lbs since then. Hoping to stay on track and keep going but man I'm tired of the marathon. Feel free to add me, we can help to motivate each other.
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Welcome back! I've long stated that Progress Pics are a great motivator! I post mine every other week and a Comparison Pic about once a month. 😏

It may be a bit excessive but it keeps me going and it's still much better than an unreliable scale... 😃

• breegieseker
    breegieseker Posts: 5 Member
    I was thinking this time around pictures along the way would be good. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2019
    I was thinking this time around pictures along the way would be good. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sure thing. I take mine in the mornings just before jumping in the shower for more consistency.

The best is when I post the Comparison Pics and you can see a difference! 🙂

• sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    You’ve got this 💪 I am starting again too after gaining 20kg and yoyoing around for the past 2yrs trying to get it off!! Pictures can be the greatest motivator! All the best 😊
  • Ol_Griz
    Ol_Griz Posts: 4 Member
    Yep. I'm there, too. The best I can say is that I don't think I am much heavier than when I joined here years ago - too bad my records are gone since the switch to UnderArmour. Anyway, I know I am no heavier than my last recorded weight here and down 7 lbs. since my worst actual weight. I think it is 3 years since I logged anything before last night. The good news is that this works if you log and log honestly. I lost 18 lbs. in about 3 months first time around. Unfortunately, when you quit logging the bad habits can creep in slowly and the "this little treat can't really hurt, especially if I exercise - tomorrow" mindset develops again.

So, guarded motivational message: keep at it, be honest, buy the extra calories you may indulge in with exercise and this is guaranteed to work. If you quit logging later, make that come with a promise to weigh yourself weekly and resume logging if you gain more than a couple of pounds from the date you quit your entries.

I'm back here for the third time at 66 years old and feeling it's more important this time, given increased age-related pains and foot problems. Wish I'd changed my lifestyle around 40 - we don't know how good we've got it until it's past!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    So many of us have been where you are. Just keep showing up. Keep doing the work. Allow for mistakes or slip ups. Forgive yourself. You can do this. Give yourself time. If you want to be healthy for the rest of your life, let the rest of your life begin today, and that gives you loads of time. One day at a time. Here's to you! :smile:
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    I gained over 100 pounds on one of my migraine medications in just a year. After they took me off the medication I downloaded this app and went from 260 lbs. to 174 lbs. Then the place I worked closed. I lost my job and my home, as a single mom. I tried to keep it together but I got really depressed, anxious, and the comfort eating started again. Now I am back up to 245 lbs. I just download the app again today and went for a 2 hour walk. But I have another medication change coming up and I am worried about what may happen. I feel shame for letting the depression and old habits get the best of me. I live with people who can eat anything they want and never gain a pound. They are verbally very supportive but their actions are drastically opposite with food preparation and takeout...or using my healthy food in their not so healthy recipes. I am just looking for some support, and don't know where to turn. This is my first time posting and putting my story out there. I wish you all the best and am here to be supportive in any way possible.

Some medications for migraine cause weight gain, others don't. I deal with chronic daily headache w/ migraine and am going through all the stuff too. Send me a message or friend request if you want to talk migraines. Surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be a group for those of us that deal with it.
  • sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Hi all feel free to add me been at this for a while and had a lot off stress the last year and went backwards look to start this journey again