Sometimes I forget where I started (PICS)

Options
Sometimes I forget where I started bc I’m too focused on where I want to be. I started at 245 with a goal weight of 145. The lowest I made it was 165, which felt really great to me. So great that I relaxed a bit, lost focus and gained back some weight-made it all the way back to 195. I’m currently at 177/178 and trying again to get back down. I’m not sure if I want to get all the way down to 145 on my frame. 165 was good for me but I may try for 155. I got married last month to the love of my life weighing the same I do now and still felt beautiful. Some days I feel like I’m not making any progress but I came across some old pictures today and it reminded me of how far I’ve come

w5yfcmwwrtsx.jpeg
xi4cbtr7zobj.jpeg

Replies

• TheRealSlim_Shelly
    TheRealSlim_Shelly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations (on the weight loss and marriage)!!! You are absolutely gorgeous and I envy your curves! That is a beautiful wedding dress!

I think it’s great to re-evaluate once you get to 165 and see how you feel. I’ve been my current weight now a couple different times in my life and each time has looked completely different because my body composition was different. You have definitely come a long way and have much to be proud of!
  • SoaringOccamy
    SoaringOccamy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look so gorgeous in that wedding picture, not that you weren't beautiful before.

I have had the same experience though. It is easy to get so wrapped up in the end goal that you forget to look at where you're at. I myself was getting discouraged that I'm neither looking nor feeling as good as I did the last time I lost weight, but I have had to remind myself that my health was worse when i started this diet and I am older now than I was then. I also had to remind myself that even though it isn't the progress I wanted to have seen, it is still a huge improvement over what I was before i started my diet and that those things will come in time if I just keep working at it.

I'm so glad you have found perspective to see past the daily grind and love yourself and taste the fruits your hard work so far.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    LOOK @ YOU IN YOUR WEDDING PHOTO!! You look utterly incredible💓💓
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful bride, you have amazing curves!