Juice Cleanse?

Options
I'm doing a juice cleanse (5 days) and am going to blog about it on here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MayaMadness

But I have a question: I don't know how many calories to log. Obviously a juiced apple will have fewer calories than a regular one, right? Same with veggies, etc. Do any of you know where I might find estimates for this information?

Replies

• _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I want to do a juice cleanse or fast, too!

But why would a juiced fruit or vegetable have less calories than a non juiced one?
  • MayaMadness
    Options
    The juicer I got filters out a lot of the fruit and vegetable "pulp," so I'm assuming some of that retains calories. The pulp is kind of a flavorless mash so I don't eat that part, just compost. That's why I'm curious :-)
  • emilynelson26
    emilynelson26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've wondered the same. I'm not on a cleanse, but have a homemade juice every morning for breakfast. I usually put in every veg and fruit individually, then cut the serving amount by 1/4.

For example, if I use 1 carrot, I log 3/4 of a carrot. I honestly don't know how accurate this is, but I've been doing it for weeks and still losing consistently.
  • MayaMadness
    Options
    That's really helpful, thanks!