Can anyone recommend a good hotline for anxiety and depression support?

SaraJ429
SaraJ429 Posts: 50 Member
I struggle with pretty bad depression and anxiety that sometimes affects my ability to work, sleep and eat. I am seeing a therapist and on medication but it still overwhelms me at times. Sometimes I just need to talk and vent, especially since I don’t want to always burden my friends and family. To clarify, I am NOT and have never been suicidal or engaged in self harm. I just want to calm myself down and not feel so alone in the moment.

Someone recommended I reach out to a 24/7 counseling hotline. I googled some and they seem to be geared towards those who are suicidal. I don’t want to use those resources and take it away from someone who needs it. Has anyone used these resources? can you recommend one to me?

I am based in the US.

Thanks all!

Replies

• pizzababy101
    pizzababy101 Posts: 29 Member
    I don’t know of any personally but you can add me, I have anxiety and would be glad to talk with you. :)
  • SaraJ429
    SaraJ429 Posts: 50 Member
    Added :) would love love love to chat!
  • SaraJ429 wrote: »
    I struggle with pretty bad depression and anxiety that sometimes affects my ability to work, sleep and eat. I am seeing a therapist and on medication but it still overwhelms me at times. Sometimes I just need to talk and vent, especially since I don’t want to always burden my friends and family. To clarify, I am NOT and have never been suicidal or engaged in self harm. I just want to calm myself down and not feel so alone in the moment.

Someone recommended I reach out to a 24/7 counseling hotline. I googled some and they seem to be geared towards those who are suicidal. I don’t want to use those resources and take it away from someone who needs it. Has anyone used these resources? can you recommend one to me?

I am based in the US.

Thanks all!

There is an online resource called 7 cups. There are always people available to chat and vent to. Keep in mind that they are not in any way trained professionals, anyone can sign up to provide chat support... including you :)

You are never alone @SaraJ429
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    you can call the suicide hotline even when you aren't suicidal. they will have resources to help you