Skinny top, arms and face. Fat hips and legs. Any exercise/diet ideas?

Options
hi all! I weigh only 46.3 kg (5'1 tall) but my issue is that when I lose weight I gain back my toned up legs and hips, but my face becomes extremely thin. I want to lose 3 kg to get my hips, lower belly ad legs back to shape. But I am horrified or losing my new plump face. You can count my ribs... so annoyed. Ideas welcome! Mediterranean shape. Oh, I can't run because I sprain my ankles straight away, and I have lost stamina. However, I have attended the gym weekly for 4 years until 5 months ago. Weight training in class settings. It was good, then life got busy and the weight crept in the wrong places. Thanks!

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My only recommendation would be to get back into lifting. Follow a good program. Instead of losing weight, you probably need to gain some in the form of muscle. You can add muscle to your pecs, abs, serratus, etc. that will help cover the bones more. It'll make your legs 'shapely', but you are still going to always carry more fat on your lower half.
  • jesslifts
    jesslifts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same. My top half is toned but my bottom half feels strong but still fatty. I do BodyPump twice a week, BodyCombat 2-3 times a week with larger strength training a couple of times in the week too but nothing seems to make the right changes. Following for answers!
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    So your goal weight is 43.3kg? That will put you in the underweight category. You are already very thin for your height at 46 kg, maybe focus on building muscle at this stage rather than losing more weight. As mentioned, you can't control where further weightloss will come from. You'll likely be happier overall with your shape if you build up some muscle.