Well, that’s one way to know you’re losing weight

Options
Hannahwalksfar
Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
So this morning I was doing my run and as I was pushing harder up the hill I felt a cool breeze on my thighs and realised my pants had fallen down. I died inside but was also gleefully happy because it’s working. In related news I’m never leaving the house again

Replies

• tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,516 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • livefreely12
    livefreely12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hahaha.. needed this so badly today. Equally happy and mortified for you! :)
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Ok. That was the funniest post! Maybe you can just run with a mask from now on!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Oh gosh, this made me laugh so hard! Sorry for that. But well done.

Mind you, I just had surgery. When I came around I just wanted to sleep again. I had a hospital dream, mind, and the nurse nagging me just fitted in. So I told her to let me sleep. It's just a dream and the surgery is only planned for next week (it was brought forward by a week). She kept on nagging me, so I put the blanket aside and said: "See? Nothing!" and lay there rather naked with four cuts in my tummy for everyone to see. Oops. Lets just pretend this did not happen, right? :#

I can so imagine that! Well, we know the laugh of the day at that hospital! Lol!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I had that happen in a dance performance once. As in, people were meant to be watching me!

On the other hand, I caught them at my hips, before they fell completely. Performed the rest with one hand on my waist band.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the giggle. Thankfully it hasn't happened to me in public, but I now only have two pairs of work trousers that I can wear (and one of those is only because it has belt loops). If I plan to wear something that I haven't worn in a while, I walk around the house quite a bit before I venture out. I have a pile of trousers and skirts that no long stay up, all waiting to go to a charity shop.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    That's why the elastic waistband was invented. To save our neighbors from the trauma. 😂
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,412 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Oh gosh, this made me laugh so hard! Sorry for that. But well done.

Mind you, I just had surgery. When I came around I just wanted to sleep again. I had a hospital dream, mind, and the nurse nagging me just fitted in. So I told her to let me sleep. It's just a dream and the surgery is only planned for next week (it was brought forward by a week). She kept on nagging me, so I put the blanket aside and said: "See? Nothing!" and lay there rather naked with four cuts in my tummy for everyone to see. Oops. Lets just pretend this did not happen, right? :#

I can so imagine that! Well, we know the laugh of the day at that hospital! Lol!

Haha! I can imagine that they see those things every day. Makes a change to changing bed linen due to people puking in recovery. :D Btw, my famous last words were: Bugger, I like my abs. I was rather stoned on fentanyl at that time though :D The surgeon mentioned he chose aesthetic spots for the cuts when he came to see me later that day. <3
  • tamusmith_1
    tamusmith_1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is pretty funny! :D I can't think of better source of embarrassment! Great job!
  • CharlotteHotcakes
    CharlotteHotcakes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's so funny...hold your head up high, you're doing great!!! Oh, you did have underwear on, right???
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    lol
  • sxekev
    sxekev Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Someone needs new pants :p
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Village Hall parking lot (police station, town offices, library, and busy track/ball field). :blush:

There seems to be an epidemic. ;)

Congrats on the visible signs of weight loss! <3
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Oh OP, sorry but that's so funny 🤣

I realised last night that I'm using a lot less body lotion than I used to. Mine is in a pump dispenser and 2 pumps used to be enough for feet to knee, now those 2 pumps do the whole leg 😁 Same with my arms and torso, it used to be 5 pumps, now it's 2 😊
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome! Congrats!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    So this morning I was doing my run and as I was pushing harder up the hill I felt a cool breeze on my thighs and realised my pants had fallen down. I died inside but was also gleefully happy because it’s working. In related news I’m never leaving the house again

It's those little non scale victories that can keep you going! :smile: